Gosset Hotel
Hotel Brussels(Groot-Bijgaarden)
US$81
B&B Zen Your Life(Groot-Bijgaarden)
US$108
US$77
US$75
Priceline
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 October 2014

The rooms were ok but smaller then some we had on our trip. Unlike the previous reviewer we had two single duvet covers. Everything was clean and comfortable. The clerks spoke English. The food was very good in the restaurant, but not cheap, 62 Euros for two meals and a bowl of soup.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hankfiji
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I stay here primarily because it is close to local office of my firm though for a business hotel it is above average

Steaks in the restaurant are good, service is excellent and the beds are extremely comfortable, for once you get a double duvet cover unlike in most european hotels that insist of two single duvet covers on double beds. Why is beyond me..

The rooms are approaching that time in their life when they need update but if you after functional rather than luxury it meets the need, Definitely not in a hotel for personal vacation stays and caters for business travellers/. It does what it says on the tin. No gym or pool but you get what you pay for

Room Tip: ask for room down corridor away from function rooms and noise level is fine
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Stayed here for one night due to location (booked by worked) being close to the office we were visiting. Check-in was efficient but lacking in any friendliness. Room was clean but characterless and really quite old. Thankfully was tired so was able to ignore the thin walls - could hear the phone ring in the next room and foot steps and doors closing!! Breakfast was adequate. Very expensive for the rate (150 euro) for what it is. But then again i guess belgium is expensive.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I booked this hotel for my first visit to Belgium because it is within walking distance to my customer's office. I would definitely not stay here for a vacation trip. I arrived at 6 am after an all night flight from Tel Aviv. The guy at the front desk didn't speak English well and indicated to me that my room wouldn't be ready until after 2pm. Ugh... I gave him a very sad look - I didn't have to have the room I reserved. ANY room would do at 6 am. He was kind enough not to make a big issue and gave me another room on the first floor. That was HUGE for me because I really needed to get cleaned up and get a couple of hours of sleep.

They use these really big keys to lock and unlock the doors. The halls reminded me of a cruise ship. My room was small - but in Europe what can one expect? This isn't Asia or Latin America. The room didn't have carpet - which for me is a good thing because carpet just always seems dirty in hotels. (probably because it is). The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was clean and there was a regular hairdryer not one of the dryer boxes on the wall.

TV had several Engllish speaking channels. There was no mini bar or water in the room. This is a business park area - there is a village center about 10 minute walk to the right, under the freeway. There are some restaurants, small stores and an old church and small castle (closed to the public but interesting anyway)

There is a restaurant in the hotel but my advice is to stay away. My coworker didn't like his chicken dinner and breakfast is just pitiful.

Good:
Clean
Quiet
Wifi works
Close to village center
Staff friendly and helpful

Other
You have to get another password for each device for the wifi AND the password only lasts 24 hours
Breakfast is paultry - only white bagets, process cheese, etc...Nothing to write home about
Not close to city center of Brussels - about a 30 euro cab ride
No water or anything in room to eat or drink

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Last minute booking for brussels, and found this hotel for an excellent price for stay+breakfast.
Rooms i've got was OK, no surprises for that money. Good comfort, bathroom had mix of bath/douche. Breakfast was surprisingly positive. Better than 'standard' offer and real coffee. I recommend to take it.Skilled staff !
Unfortunately, I have to bring also some bad news: dustbin in bathroom not emptied = content of previous guest still there. Jjiek...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business