Podere Assolatina Agriturismo(San Casciano dei Bagni)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$128
US$124
Hotels.com
Domus Etrusca Agriturismo(San Casciano dei Bagni)(Great Value!)
US$81
Agriturismo Tenuta Macetona(San Casciano dei Bagni)(Great Value!)
US$86
Agriturismo Casa Fabbrini(San Casciano dei Bagni)
TripAdvisor
Il Poggio(Celle sul Rigo)
TripAdvisor
Sette Querce(San Casciano dei Bagni)
TripAdvisor
Villa Vetrichina(San Casciano dei Bagni)
TripAdvisor
Albergo La Fontanella(San Casciano dei Bagni)
  • Restaurant
Fonteliving(San Casciano dei Bagni)
1,080 results
All reviewsthermal poolshotel gueststurkish bathspa hotelexcellent spabeautiful hoteldifferent typesjunior suitesspa offerstotal relaxan upgradethe air conditioninglight lunchoutstanding servicelive musicinside and outsiderussian speaking
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

this hotel/hotspring pool and spa is just ok..it is a bit dirty in the dressing rooms and also it is a bit expensive.nothing special.the pool is ok..the water is warm with a waterfall and other fountains to stay under...ok..but nothing special.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paula r
Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

I cannot find anything negative to say about this stunning hotel, and trust me I am super hard to please. Location is breath-taking, hotel beautiful and decorated tastefully. The thermal facilities are great, well taken care of and very relaxing. My mother and I both got the same facial skin treatment and the woman who took care of us gave me the face massage of a lifetime. Dinner is just incredible, staff attentive, friendly, kind and super well trained. Food is to die for! And the dinning area is so beautiful you'll never want your dinner to end.

Cocktails are pure perfection with a menu organised in the right mixology categories from Tiki to European classics. Cocktails are served with the appropriate glasses, which is a plus as it happens rarely. It's really a state of the arts cocktail bar.

The only thing I was a bit disappointed by was the size of the standard rooms bathroom which I think should be upgraded as they don't really correspond to today's expectations. I do recommend taking the rooms with a view to the front of the hotel (we didn't as we thought it wasn't necessary but honestly regretted it) and if you can take the rooms just above the standard rooms for more space. You will however, in all rooms, enjoy the peace and quiet of the surrounding countryside and will come out of the experience relaxed like never before.

Thank you for this amazing stay!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the Fonteverde as part of a tour of Italy - Como, Venice, Tuscany and the Amalfi Coast. And of the 4 hotels we stayed in this was by far the worst. How this hotel gets the reviews it does is beyond me.

It would be better described as a Spa with rooms.

We were allegedly in their best suite, we asked to be moved immediately! The room we moved to wasn't much better but at least we could walk around the bed! The furniture looks cheap, as do the few soft furnishings they have and the carpets on the floor are appalling. Yuk. The shower didn't work properly and I don't know any other 5 star hotel that as a cheap hairdryer attached to the wall! This is not a cheap motel. We also had to ask for someone to come and clean the balcony furniture as it was filthy and I mean filthy!

After check in, late afternoon, we went down to the bar for a drink and something to eat. We had the choice of 3 sandwiches ham, ham and cheese or ham and cheese toasted. I had to check that I was in a 5star hotel, yes I was.

The entrance foyer and the restaurant are pretty spectacular to look at but that's about it!

I'm sure the Spa was pretty spectacular in the 1980s but it's in serious need of an upgrade! It is grubby and dated and God help you if you don't speak Italian! And if you want a towel (if you can still call them that, they're that thin) anywhere other than by one of their many pools you're made to feel like a naughty school child asking for one at reception.

My husband said his treatments were very good (he has a bad back) more medicinal than pampering he said! Great why didn't he go see a physio instead of paying a fortune for a 5 star hotel? My facial was ok and my scrub was pretty good but I couldn't understand a word my therapist was saying, nor her me.

Anyway I've given it a coupe of ticks for the amazing views - Spectacular!

If you are looking for a 5 star Tuscan dream, avoid like the plague!!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JulieGJ1
Reviewed 23 June 2016

Stayed here for 2 nights in May 2016, a wonderful and relaxing experience.

As soon as you enter through the gates it is immediately impressive. Great views of the Tuscan countryside.

There are lots of heated thermal pools where we spent most of each day, make sure you explore the whole resort!

The rooms were nothing special but we were there for the Spa facilities mainly! Be warned there is no iron available at all, only pressing services!

Breakfast was included and was great, you can order eggs how you want them, and there is plenty of other hot food available along with the usual cereals and continental breakfast.

Special mention to Giulia on the front desk who helped us with reservations and directions during the stay.

Can see ourselves coming back to this special place.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Antonello D, Direttore generale at Fonteverde, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2016

Dear Harj,
thank you so much for this extensive and lovely review.
I am really glad that you loved your accommodation and the service received: our staff is truly dedicated to excellence. It will be a pleasure to share your review with Giulia and to all the staff.

A greeting from all of us and I hope see you soon in Fonteverde.

Best Regards
Antonello Del Regno

Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

Fonteverde is situated in a nice and quiet place, named San Cashiano dei Bagni. It is 20 minutes drive from Chiusi-Chianciano terme station + 1,45 by train from Rome.
It was very cool to swim in open terma watching landscapes of Tuscany. The hotel itself is very beautiful. We were greeted by friendly staff and got positive emotions from our staying there.
We had a standard room viewing the mountains - the view was wonderful!
The beds were rather comfortable but the pillows weren't - they were too hard.
The carpets on the 2nd floor were rather old and didn't match 5 star hotel.
Breakfasts were good. It was possible to prepare fresh juices by yourself.
We didn't like that it was allowed to come to breakfast in bathrobes - it was strange. At the same time it was a dress code for dinner! But it is just our opinion and can be different from the others.
One of the evenings we listened to live music drinking tasty cocktails at the hotel bar.
Overall we enjoyed staying at Fonteverde and would definitely come again with great pleasure!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family