Lowest prices for your stay
US$54
US$46
Expedia.comUS$54
Hotels.comUS$54
EtripUS$101
All reviews sweet trolley coach parties bit dated dining room christmas decorations waiting staff evening meal dog friendly hotel coach tour no lift meal times family room porridge folk museum bed and breakfast food was lovely co op
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 October 2021 via mobile

I gave 3 stars as I couldn't do 3.5 stars. This hotel is better than average. The staff are helpful room are fine. Very good large showers..only issue would be maybe a tv in communal areas would be good to add some atmosphere. Food was nice can't understand why others have complained. Overall hotel very good value for money. Very pet friendly hotel my dog was able to go most places except dining area

Room tip: Parking on site
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2021

We found the staff at this hotel to be very helpful, nothing was a problem. food was nice and plentiful. staff greeted the coach, were highly organised for our arrival, we had a very early departure and were given packed breakfast and lunch, my feeling was the staff went above and beyond what would be expected of them, we had entertainment 2 of the nights which we enjoyed. I would gladly stay again.

Room tip: low rise, easy access
Reviewed 25 October 2021 via mobile

Absolutely terrible ordeal! Yes I would call it an ordeal! All I will say is avoid this hotel at all costs! I would have given it a zero if that was possible. This has to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed in without doubt!

The best way to describe this hotel is that it’s the Fawlty Towers of the highlands! It is in a great location but sadly the facilities do not do it justice. The hotel is very dated and the facilities very basic. The room was dirty for example coffee stains on the heater, toilet not cleaned, shower dirty, towel rail dirty, dust and grime on plug points and light switches, sugar stuck to desktop etc etc. The walls are so thin you could hear the couple next door having a conversation and make out what they were saying! If anyone walked down the corridor the whole room shook!

We decided to eat at the hotel on the night of our stay ……boy was that a mistake! The steak pie I had was awful. The meat was grey, the puff pastry was like concrete, the chips were under cooked and brick hard, all the veg was stone cold! My partner had the fish and chips which was in her words “tasteless, awful and had probably been lying around for ages before being served”. The description said it was served with tartare sauce…..however this is the first time I have ever seen this served in a sachet placed on top of the salad on the plate! The meal was so bad we left almost all of it and went to our room to eat snacks we had brought with us instead! Something neither of us has ever had to do before. I decided to venture down for breakfast the next morning but my partner would not go as she was so disgusted with the meal the night before. Breakfast itself was passable but the portions were tiny.

This hotel for being part of a chain was very disappointing and needs some serious attention to detail and standards if it is going to survive in my opinion. I can not see anyone who has stayed here wishing to return or recommend this hotel to others unless they are seriously deranged.

This place is so bad we actually contemplated driving back home in the middle of the evening but realised we couldn’t as we had both had alcohol with our meal!

To sum up……just avoid this place!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2021

Location great, beautiful scenery easy access to many places, The Hotel is very dated and in need of repair, it is basic, room walls appear to be made of paper.
The staff are hard working and on the whole lovely however the Manager is authoritarian over opinionated and somewhat a bully from what we could hear.
The food for vegetarian is limited was only there 4 nights and pasta dishes on 2 of them, unsure if could cope if Vegan.
No Music entertainment or even cards or board games, insisted on sitting everyone close together 4 or 6 to a table even in the height of Covid as assumed travelled on a coach together so this made it alright, the fact you kept your distance on the coach, kept a mask on throughout, didn't seem to register, and a choice to sit as a couple seemed too much to ask even though was plenty of room to accommodate this. Would I visit this Hotel again, I think not.

Reviewed 23 October 2021 via mobile

We booked this hotel at short notice for our family reunion comprising 4 couples. Wasn’t sure what to expect but we needn’t have worried. The rooms were spotlessly clean, very spacious but could have done with a wee upgrade to the carpets and decor ( hence 4 stars rather than 5). The food in the restaurant was excellent- good portion sizes and very tasty. The staff were really helpful and attentive despite being busy. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Nice buzzy atmosphere in the restaurant. Entertainment was on in the lounge which we all enjoyed even although it wasn’t our normal taste.
We all came away feeling very happy after our 2 night stay and felt we had enjoyed it more than if we had been in somewhere really plush.
Well done to the management, bar staff, waiters, chefs etc. We had a great time.

Room tip: This hotel also caters for bus tours but don’t let that put you off. Everything is well managed so that everyone is well catered for.
Trip type: Travelled with family