“Great restaurant - lovely location”
Review of Au bon Vivre

Au bon Vivre
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

Good food in a lovely location just off the main road - we ate in the courtyard garden behind the restaurant. Fish and meat dishes were well cooked and well presented. As a vegetarian I had an interesting salad with vegetables to accompany - thank you to the chef for taking the time to talk through the options. Well work a visit.

Reviewed 19 January 2017

Definitely within the top ten meals that I have ever had. As a seafood lover this is a little piece of paradise and I’m very pleased we spotted this place and booked a table for dinner in the evening. It is a popular restaurant, so if you want a seat in the outside area (back of restaurant) then it’s best to book.
If you like Octopus and this is on the menu as a starter then do not hesitate to choose it. Without doubt the best octopus dish I have ever had and would not be out of place at a Michelin starred restaurant. All of our dishes arrived perfectly cooked and very well presented – absolutely first class. The crème brulee was also one of the best that I have had – and for once just a pure plain classic crème brulee without any unnecessary flavours being added to it. Perfect.

Wines were also reasonably priced and (considering the quality of the dishes), the food offers good value. Would be a firm favourite if I lived here. Try this place – I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed 7 December 2016

We were cruising with friends on a catamaran and tied up at The Saints Island to discover a bit of Terre de Haut. This restaurant had been recommended but looked a bit locked up and bleak in late afternoon. When we returned in the evening, the doors were open to reveal a very stylish rustic dining room with a splendid back patio and raised seating area which we quickly took. My friends and I truly enjoyed our evening there. The food and the service were extremely good and the wine and the price very reasonable. I would recommed a visit to this place within easy reach of the landing stage.

Reviewed 13 April 2016

Approaching the picture-perfect harbor of Terre de Haut is a sublime experience. Once on land, there are many dining options in this small town. We had a very pleasant luncheon in Au bon vivre, a lovely restaurant with a backyard patio (where we sat).

A trio of different fish dishes was the perfect starter - each preparation brought out the flavors of the respective fish. With a steely Sancerre, we almost ordered a second round of this dish but knowing that we had ordered the big spiny lobster plates for two, we looked forward to that island specialty. The langoustes were sizable, at least one of them, a tad over-grilled but very good. The mashed plantain made for a heavy accompaniment. A pineapple and sorbet dessert was just the right finish.

Service by the young woman from Bordeaux was very good, the atmosphere relaxing and calm.

Reviewed 6 April 2016

We decided to go here for lunch on a Monday as I had seen it featured in the Guadeloupe tourism videos produced for YouTube (with model/actor Willy Monfret). It was absolutely delicious. We went for the 22E meal of three courses - we had the fish duo and the smoked fish on toast as the appetizers and both were excellent. For the main courses we had the pork cheek with the passion fruit sauce and the chicken colombo. They also did not disappoint and even the side dishes (like the plantains cooked in a creole sauce) were very tasty. For dessert we both had the tourments d'amour (as you have to when you're in Les Saintes!) and, once again, it was fantastic. Such a wonderful, welcoming restaurant with excellent service and food from beginning to end. Highly recommended if you're in the area and want something delicious and special.