“Customer service beyond amazing”

Battlefields Country Lodge
Reviewed 19 October 2017

I stayed one night at this hotel. It was a very beautiful estate in the middle of the Battlefields, big clean rooms, good food at the restaurant, woke up to breathaking views. There is also a dog and cat on the premises that make the place even more welcoming. The staff was great as well. The reason why I entitled my review with “beyond amazing customer service” is because the day I checked out I sadly was in a car crash. I was a little panicked being in a foreign country and not being sure what to do. A local man called the general manager of the Battlefield hotel and he immediately assisted me throughout the whole morning. He drove me to the police station, made sure everything was in order and waited for me while my car was being towed and replaced. His help was so appreciated and I can never thank him enough. Everything was sorted out in the end, and I recommend this hotel to everyone! South Africa is a great country and its people are even greater!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Dave O, General Manager at Battlefields Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Morning

It is a service industry and we strive to serve.

Thank you for you kind comments, I have passed onto all staff.

We hope you enjoy the rest of you African Tour.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

We arrived tor 2 nights at this hotel in order to visit the Battlefields and Rorke's Drift.
The hotel room was spacious but very basic. This hotel is 2 story chalet type rooms. The surrounding countryside is lovely with wild animals roaming around just a fence away.
On arrival we found that if we wanted drinks, we had to collect a glass and queue, which would have been fine if one of the two waiters could use the till! It took 1/2 an hour to get a drink and pay for the buffet meal which is the only choice available.
The dinner was rather limited but tasty, and the breakfast the next morning was quite good.
On our return the next day we just wanted a snack, but the buffet was the only choice we had so we didn't bother. There is a pizza take out just 5 minutes walk away which some of our group went to, but it closes at 5pm.
I would not have wanted to stay more than 2 nights.

Room Tip: All the same!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2017

This Lodge is lovely and most central to see all the main attractions. The rooms are very comfortable and the staff delightful. The grounds are so well kept and you could spend time just wondering around or relaxing at the ammenities it has to offer. Pizza on Sunday was delish... We have been twice and most certainly will go back. Excellent value for money.

Room Tip: We have stayed in the Stable and the Silo. We were more than happy in both.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Dave O, General Manager at Battlefields Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your Kind comments.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

I enjoyed my stay. It was for work purpose but I surely wish to stay there for holiday. Food was divine. Staff was very professional and friendly. Rooms...spacious and clean. It was my first time there and I'll definitely recommend this place to friends and family

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Dave O, General Manager at Battlefields Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Good Day

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Great looking place with its out of the way feel. Liked the layout of the blocks and the various hotel facility buildings dotted about. Nice garden feel and water feature plus ornaments give it style. Wide open space with Ostriches and Springboks about add to the ambience. Clearly a place that works for events like weddings and conferences too.

Room good size with king size bed and space featured fridge and microwave. Bathroom clean and just big enough for what you need. Useful key safe. Walls somewhat thin so you can hear a lot of noise from other rooms plus people walking along balcony and shutting the noisy metal door to the rooms. But I got my sleep as most people retired early enough. Wifi was a bit poor as the voucher code was limited to data used. Mine ran out pretty quickly and I didn't do any streaming. You could ask for more codes but most hotels give you unlimited access for your stay so this seemed a bit backward here.

Main restaurant has a cafe feel and is clean and tidy but quite average in overall look. No proper bar unfortunately just a counter to order your drinks and food from. Dinner was filling and tasty - buffet style. Breakfast had cooked selections plus usual cereals etc. There is a separate bar building but was closed. Maybe open only when it is busy or height of season.

Staff helpful and friendly.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Dave O, General Manager at Battlefields Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Hi

Thank you for your comments.

I do understand regarding the bar. This will or is being looked at present.

Dave O'Halloran

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dundee
Hippo Hollow Country Estate
#6 of 9 in Mossel Bay
Royal Country Inn
Royal Country Inn
#1 of 1 in Dundee

Been to Battlefields Country Lodge? Share your experiences!