“Best curry in Sri Lanka”

Wasantha's Sri Lankan Cuisine
Ranked #1 of 116 Restaurants in Unawatuna
Price range: US$2 - US$17
Description: Sri Lankan cooking is an art of its own. It's not about reading recipe books. It's food made from the heart and made out of pride. Wasanthi's kitchen is just that. A place to indulge your taste buds in what real in the Sri Lankan kitchen
Reviewed 25 January 2018

Wasantha and her family are not only the kindest people but also the best cooks! We had a great dinner here and even took cooking lessons with Wasantha. A great place to rest and enjoy a good Sri Lankan meal with a nice atmosphere. It is just located on the way to/from Jungle Beach, so it would be a shame not to make a stop and get some delicious food!

wasanthi s, Owner at Wasantha's Sri Lankan Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Dear Sir/ Madam
Than you so much for your kind words, we would love to have you back

wasantha

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

I have visited this place several times with my foreign friends who are really interesting on srilankan cuisines.
The owner and her family runs the business and they have a really good knowledge about preparing sri lankan cuisines. They speaks english and few more languages ( Italy ) well. So it is really easy to handle and teach. Cooking lessons for my friends were amazing. Even I had no idea about how to do them and now I can cook myself :D ! This place can recommend for those who love sri lankan taste and those who wonna get an lesson about sri lankan cooking. ! Will come back with my friends again.

1  Thank Chamith W

Dear Chamith,

Thank you taking your time to write us a review, It is fantastic to read such a positive review.
Hope to see you back soon

wasantha

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Somewhat off the beaten track towards Jungle Beach but definitely worth a visit top notch food freshly prepared and well presented.You won’t get better and they also have jazz playing in the background.Highly recommended.

Dear Sir/ Madam,

thank you so much for having your time to write us a positive review, because of you we are in a better place,
we loved having you here with us and so glad to hear that you enjoyed the Jazz and your visits

Reviewed 25 January 2018

Having enjoyed Wasantha's amazing cooking many times during previous visits to Unawatuna I can say with absolute confidence that she makes the finest food in the area that I have had the pleasure of experiencing (and I have had some excellent meals in Sri Lanka!). Just as importantly, Wasantha and her family are genuinely friendly and warmly welcoming to all their visitors. Combine this with husband Sam's excellent tours of the island and it is a winning combination (just don't expect to get up too early in the morning if you spend an evening sipping arrack and swapping war stories with Sam, he is a great man!)

Dear Jamie,

Thank you very much for finding the time to review, I am delighted you had such a positive experience with us here in Wasantha's Sri Lankan cuisine

Reviewed 24 January 2018

My friend and I went to Wasanta's to have dinner last night and it was great experience for my stomach...they served us a huge number of different curry from fish, meat to vegetables cooked in a fantastic way! Thank you we will return soon next days.

Dear Roberto,
thank you so much for taking a bit of your precious time to write us a review