Unawatuna Nor Lanka Hotel
Gloria Grand Hotel(Unawatuna)(Great Value!)
US$23
Priceline
US$52
US$45
Agoda.com
All reviewssri lankathe ownerplace to staytuk tuk driverthe busy main roadfew minutes walkclean hotelmosquito netcurryhot waterfantastic staybars and restaurantsthe location is perfectfresh fishguest housebeach towelslal
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We had a weekend break at Nor Lanka during our business trip to Sri Lanka and India. A really good place to relax, almost like home. The food was a lot better than the beach restaurants and the service was even better. I recommend Nor Lanka from my heart, and I hope to bring my family with me.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2018

Having been to Unawatuna on two previous occasions, but not having stayed there, I did a lot of research before choosing the Nor Lanka hotel. My time was not wasted. This is an exceptional hotel with a welcoming feel, a warm ambience and attentive staff. The food is excellent. The rooms spacious with good air-conditioning and a mosquito net( which we did not feel was necessary) There are plenty of areas in which to relax. The manager did an excellent job of both welcoming guests and making sure their needs were met.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Nice room, with everything you could want, enjoying a large shared balcony with comfortable seating. The bed is very comfortable and the room has both fan an air conditioning. A first class breakfast served every morning and both lunch and dinner is available and can be recommended.

Room Tip: I used two different rooms, the first floor rooms were great, the villa rooms in the grounds were large with a lot of privacy.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 February 2018

Staff are second to none .Very good service,the Norlanka is very clean and the food is outstanding .My wife and I have stayed at the Norlanka three times.We highly recommended this hotel. Gord Vancouver Canada.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 January 2018

An excellent welcome awaits you from Helge , the owner and his very professional staff.
As many have reported , the location is very very good; just down a lane away from the busy main road, yet so close to the delights of bars and restaurants on the lovely Unawatuna beach. The guest house ( felt more like a hotel to me) is beautifully furnished and the rest areas on each floor provide a calm space to relax and enjoy the delights of the garden. Many guests were Norwegian at the time of my stay, but the clientele is varied .

The rooms are quite spacious and those on the two upper floors have balconies .
Bathrooms have constant access to hot water in the easy to use showers, although they are less modern in style than the central areas of the house.
Standards of cleanliness are impressive ; staff ensure that unobtrusive but detailed attention to housekeeping is a feature.

Breakfast menu has Western and Sri Lankan options all well prepared by the chef and his very able kitchen staff. Many guests opt to dine in house, but there are lots of options in the excellent beach front eating places too.
Security is 24 hours, not that I felt the need in Unawatuna , but returning home alone after dinner was easy and reassuringly safe.
Rooms have a fridge and very well designed mosquito nets , so you don't end up wrapped up in the netting as so often happens. There is no provision for a safe
and wifi functions best in the central relaxing areas rather than in the rooms .
I rarely wish I was not moving on to another location , but I wish I could have stayed much longer at Nor Lanka ; no wonder it is so popular and has many returning guests.
I think it represents excellent value for money and intend to return for a longer time.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo