“Best food in the Tambor/Cobano area”

Restaurant and Cafe Cristina
Ranked #3 of 9 Restaurants in Tambor
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Tasty food prepared with local ingredients. If you don't like it, you don't pay - that's our guarantee of quality.
Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

This was a refreshing dining experience and without a doubt the freshest and best cooked food we had in the area. There was no menu - instead, Everett (the new Canadian chef) asked us to choose from fresh prawns, red snapper or chicken and how we would like them cooked. Best prawns I have had, ever. Fresh, tender and meaty. Absolutely perfect. My husband had the red snapper which was also fabulous. Our group of 8 really enjoyed the experience - especially my toddler daughter who absolutely loved playing with 8 year old Trafford (the chef's son). Only wish we'd found this place sooner!

Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

I brought my family here for a wonderful meal. I loved the Grilled Chicken sandwich. Soo tasty The guacamole and patacones are out of this world. Best I have ever had!! You need to try out this quaint restaurant by the beach. Brand new to Cristina's is a super talented Canadian Chef. So friendly and helpful with choosing menu items. Also family friendly. What more could a Canadian ask for a taste of Costa Rica, Canadian style.

Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

My two kids, hubby and I ate here yesterday. We were greeted warmly and introduced to the new chef. A lovely little family run hotel and restaurant, they just brought in a Canadian chef for the upcoming season. The restaurant is quaint, clean and close to the beach. The food is home cooked and although they offer a Casado, also has some different offerings if you're getting sick of rice and beans. I had the pan seared poached chicken with potato wedges and garlic cabbage. It was fantastic!! The chicken was so juicy and tender and the potatoes were crisp and delicious! My husband had the whole red snapper, which he loved! And chef Everett made a special plate up for our gluten free kids of fresh vegetables, bean dip, potato wedges and fruit. Over all a great place! We will definitely be back! Next time we'll stay at the hotel, the rooms looked cozy and comfortable and the location is perfect!

Reviewed 11 May 2016 via mobile

Had an opportunity to eat here 2x on our most recent visit to the Tambor area. Cafe Christina delivered authentic food at reasonable pricing. Having limited Spanish didn't matter as the waiter was more than patient in helping us select items from the menu. Not incredibly varied fare but tasty and fresh. From the shrimp and rice to chicken and beans and everything in between the food and service were excellent.

Reviewed 14 November 2015 via mobile

Great way to avoid airport food - fresh ingredients and welcoming atmosphere. Grab that last bit of Costa Rican beans & rice for the trip home