FindHotel
Destinia.com
Trip.com
Hurb
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 June 2017

We checked in for two nights, service was very polite, helpful and had adequate English skills.
Breakfast met international standard and also the other supply. Only there is no fridge on the room.
Really fantastic was the pool, that we used after a long hiking trip in the Calanques and before heading to Marseille for dinner.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
YANN L, Directeur général at Logis Le Mas de l'Etoile Aubagne, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Dear Peter,

Let me start by thanking you for completing the Guest Survey regarding your recent stay at our Hotel logis Le Mas de l'étoile.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

We hope to see you again.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

I liked the hotel! The rooms were basic and clean, and it had a nice pool and breakfast buffet. It was perfect for a weekend, but a car rental would've made the stay easier since there not much close to the hotel (not even an ATM!).

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
YANN L, Directeur général at Logis Le Mas de l'Etoile Aubagne, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2017

Dear guest

Let me start by thanking you for completing the Guest Survey regarding your stay at our hotel Logis Le Mas de l'étoile.

We hope to see you again.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Reviewed 15 September 2016

Stayed at this hotel for one night. Staff very helpful, room clean. However stairs and corridor had dirty carpet, and outside area by pool and terrace paving needed updating as there were gaps between some slabs. Food menu very disappointing and limited for a 3 star logis hotel.

Room tip: Think motel not hotel
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
YANN L, Directeur général at Logis Le Mas de l'Etoile Aubagne, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2016

Dear guest:

Let me start by thanking you for completing the Guest Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Regards

Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel in the evening and were pleasantly greeted by friendly hotel staff who took our bags and showed us to our room.

We were shown the room and it was tiny! The saying couldn't swing a cat was an understatement! We were paying £80 ( 120euros)a night for this room and expected something a lot larger.The day we arrived was very warm so I pressed the on button to operate the air conditioning....... But It did not work! We opened the window instead,then from about 11pm we endured the door banging punishment; this consisted of the constant slamming of doors (literally every five minutes). This horrendous noise kept us awake the majority of the night (and the nights to come). It seemed as though any guest that checked in were all put on the same hallway despite the hotel not being fully booked. We notified the staff the next morning about the lack of air conditioning and were informed it was infant BROKEN! Which had been the case since last week and they did not know when the engineer was coming to fix it! However they moved our room (which we thought meant perhaps the new rooms air conditioning may work) - NO! We were wrong so we were then kindly supplied with a fan that's noise kept us up. After not sleeping the majority of the night we came down to relax in the very "large" pool area - which consisted of ten deckchairs with no cushions!5 in the shade all day and 5 in the sun with no room to move.

We were contemplating eating the breakfast at the hotel, but when we viewed the choice given we re considered and opted for the local bakery adjacent which was very nice.

Dinner- not recommended! Nice staff though.

Absolutely nothing to do in this part of Aubagne, no activities, walks etc..... Similar to Alcatraz I expect !

Synopsis:

Nice staff, prison cell rooms, food unsatisfactory, non relaxing rooms due to the levels of noise created,paper thin walls and lack of air conditioning, unhygienic pool.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dannyboy5891
YANN L, Directeur général at Logis Le Mas de l'Etoile Aubagne, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2016

dear guest,

Let me start by thanking you for completing the Guest Survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

Staff were very pleasant. Rooms very basic and small - no milk provided. Wifi signal strength very poor and had to replenish the code every 24 hours. Food was poor and over priced. Swimming pool hardly gets cleaned and about ten sun loungers. It's a fight for the chairs that are actually in the sun! For a basic hotel it has what you need. But rooms overpriced for a hotel the equivalent of a UK travelodge.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
YANN L, Responsable réception at Logis Le Mas de l'Etoile Aubagne, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2016

Dear guest,