“Good stay, breakfast would have been nice ”
Review of Agapi Villas

Agapi Villas
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Karteradhos
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed my stay here. Was a little trouble when a travel agency in Athens told me I paid too much for the room. Got to Santorini and found the prices were comparable. Room very basic and no frills. There is a small fridge. Do bring mosquito spray.

People who own the place live there and are very helpful and considerate. Really nice pool with a good view of the eastern part of the island. Extremely quiet since away from Fira with the bus station that connects to all points including airport and seaport located close by. I walked back from Fira at nights and would recommend having a flashlight because road gets tight in some places and kids with ATV's and scooters rule. Village within 15 minutes walk with plenty of eateries and a supermarket to stock fridge.

My one issue is for the price paid breakfast would've been nice. Charge five euros and found many places which were same price or cheaper included breakfast. A/C worked well. I like walking but could understand if you didn't this may be considered out-of-the-way. Location was perfect for me because wanted silence.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank VIRme

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Agapi Villas is just what its names says. Agapi means Love in Greek. A small hotel runned by a very friendly couple and their daughter. They keep the place well maintained and clean. Rooms are comfortable, its has a nice swimming pool and a small dining room just in case you are hungry. The place does not offer breakfast, lunch or dinner as a standard, but in case you are lazy to drive 5 minutes to Fira, they will prepare something for you. The only drawback are mosquitoes during the night. I think this has to do with Santorini in general. I asked for a mosquito repeller machine which the next morning it was in our room and we holidayed happily ever after!

Room Tip: Go for the last room on the East side. Afternoon onwards, the veranda is very cool to enjoy for the...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2017

What a wonderful place. I stayed 6th - 9th June. I was picked up free of charge from the airport. Due to complications I had to get a later flight than originally planned. I emailed ahead and received a reply straight away advising that it would be no problem at all and I would still be picked up. It was a quick 15 journey to the villa, when we arrived the owner pointed out the bus stop to me which is practically at the end of the drive way.
The owners had kept the reception open a little later just for me. I was given a welcome drink of freshly squeezed juice and offered some take away menus to order some food. I was then shown to my room which was down some beautiful steps.

The room
I had a double bed and a single bed in my room. The bed was extremely comfortable. There was a fridge which had two bottles of complimentary water. There was a big wardrobe, table and chairs and a dressing table. The TV sound often didn't work due to the satellite reception but I didn't want to watch TV anyway. The bathroom was fantastic with a huge shower. I'd read reviews about the water pressure and temperature but I had no problems.

The pool area
Extremely clean and really comfortable sunbeds. I was served breakfast by the pool at an additional charge of €5.

The breakfast
Absolutely delicious. Typical Greek breakfast and lots of variety.

Location
As I stated earlier there is a bus stop at the top of the drive way. I found the buses to be really regular and on time. The bus prices range from €1.40 to €2.80 depending on where you are going. All of the routes meet in Fira. It is not completely necessary to get the bus however. Karterados is just a 5 minute walk from the hotel. It is along a busy road however. Fira is 15-20 minute walk depending on which part Fira you are walking to. I would the best way would be to wall along the main road through Karterados and then turn left just before Villa Rose. At the top of the lane turn right and you see the first views of the Caldera.

I will definitely be staying in this wonderful hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Hayley I
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Agapi Villa is about 1.2km out of the main part of Karterados & you have to walk along the busy main road to get to anything but it is clean & comfortable if a little basic, but for the cost it is worth it, although don't expect a decent shower!
The pool area is pleasant with sun loungers, tables & chairs; a nice spot to while away an hour or two before hiking back up the road to either catch a bus (stop at end of road) or walk into Karterados, where there is an assortment of eateries.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for one week whilst I'm Santorini for a wedding. This place is awesome.

We chilled by the pool, with ocean views, on most of our off days and the owners are the warmest people ever! We got breakfast on some mornings which was nice and ate it by the pool!

There are some great eating places a stone throw away from this place in Katerados. Fira is like a 20ish minute walk which is doable. The local bus stop is also right next to the hotel. We rented a car via the hotel for a good price (better than what you get at the airport).

Great value and great place!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Karteradhos
0.0 km away
4.8 km away
Hotel Matina
Hotel Matina
#19 of 75 in Kamari

Been to Agapi Villas? Share your experiences!