“Friendly Staff but Accommodations were.... Meh”
Review of Agapi Villas

Agapi Villas
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Karteradhos
Reviewed 4 September 2017

My girlfriend and I stayed one night in Santorini and after searching online/diving deep into reviews for about an hour, we booked a room at the Agapi Villas.

Let's start with the good:
- Great location: located near Fira, we were in between Oia (the part of Santorini that everyone sees all over tumblr/is what you think of when you think of the quintessential "Greece") and the southern beaches (Perissa, Red Beach, etc.)
- Staff were very helpful! They were so sweet and the woman at the front desk hooked us up with an ATV rental within minutes of our arrival
- Working AC (very important during the summer months)
- Price was definitely on point for us, especially compared to other accommodations in Santorini
-Wifi worked great; we were able to stream the season finally of Game of Thrones with only minor lagging

Now, the "meh":
- To us, the hotel itself was misrepresented in the photos; the pool area is just okay and it overlooks a lot of construction in the hills
- Our room had a little balcony overlooking the pool area but the chairs and table were lawn garden plastic quality
- Oh and I woke up the next morning and there were ants in my bed. After looking around the room, it looked like there were tons all over the floor coming from under the balcony door. They were in my luggage :( Not that big of a deal overall, but usually I like my hotel rooms to not be covered in bugs
- The crowd at the pool during the day consisted of the type of frat boys I avoided in college

To sum it up: Great for one night as long as you're chill with ants. To be fair, the staff was so friendly / sweet that I couldn't bring myself to tell them about the ants so instead I'm leaving this review online, like the true coward I am.

My advice: if you're in Santorini for one night and you prioritize accommodations, I would splurge a little and keep looking.

Room Tip: Try to avoid ants.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Really enjoyed my stay here. The family was so friendly, and helped in all aspects of our trip - bus schedule, arranging taxis, suggestions for meals, etc. Clean rooms, great pool area. Loved that it was walking distance (or short bus ride) to Fira, but was away from the crowds. A lovely, relaxing atmosphere.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank gbeckerle93
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed my stay here. Was a little trouble when a travel agency in Athens told me I paid too much for the room. Got to Santorini and found the prices were comparable. Room very basic and no frills. There is a small fridge. Do bring mosquito spray.

People who own the place live there and are very helpful and considerate. Really nice pool with a good view of the eastern part of the island. Extremely quiet since away from Fira with the bus station that connects to all points including airport and seaport located close by. I walked back from Fira at nights and would recommend having a flashlight because road gets tight in some places and kids with ATV's and scooters rule. Village within 15 minutes walk with plenty of eateries and a supermarket to stock fridge.

My one issue is for the price paid breakfast would've been nice. Charge five euros and found many places which were same price or cheaper included breakfast. A/C worked well. I like walking but could understand if you didn't this may be considered out-of-the-way. Location was perfect for me because wanted silence.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank VIRme
Reviewed 16 July 2017

Agapi Villas is just what its names says. Agapi means Love in Greek. A small hotel runned by a very friendly couple and their daughter. They keep the place well maintained and clean. Rooms are comfortable, its has a nice swimming pool and a small dining room just in case you are hungry. The place does not offer breakfast, lunch or dinner as a standard, but in case you are lazy to drive 5 minutes to Fira, they will prepare something for you. The only drawback are mosquitoes during the night. I think this has to do with Santorini in general. I asked for a mosquito repeller machine which the next morning it was in our room and we holidayed happily ever after!

Room Tip: Go for the last room on the East side. Afternoon onwards, the veranda is very cool to enjoy for the...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2017

What a wonderful place. I stayed 6th - 9th June. I was picked up free of charge from the airport. Due to complications I had to get a later flight than originally planned. I emailed ahead and received a reply straight away advising that it would be no problem at all and I would still be picked up. It was a quick 15 journey to the villa, when we arrived the owner pointed out the bus stop to me which is practically at the end of the drive way.
The owners had kept the reception open a little later just for me. I was given a welcome drink of freshly squeezed juice and offered some take away menus to order some food. I was then shown to my room which was down some beautiful steps.

The room
I had a double bed and a single bed in my room. The bed was extremely comfortable. There was a fridge which had two bottles of complimentary water. There was a big wardrobe, table and chairs and a dressing table. The TV sound often didn't work due to the satellite reception but I didn't want to watch TV anyway. The bathroom was fantastic with a huge shower. I'd read reviews about the water pressure and temperature but I had no problems.

The pool area
Extremely clean and really comfortable sunbeds. I was served breakfast by the pool at an additional charge of €5.

The breakfast
Absolutely delicious. Typical Greek breakfast and lots of variety.

Location
As I stated earlier there is a bus stop at the top of the drive way. I found the buses to be really regular and on time. The bus prices range from €1.40 to €2.80 depending on where you are going. All of the routes meet in Fira. It is not completely necessary to get the bus however. Karterados is just a 5 minute walk from the hotel. It is along a busy road however. Fira is 15-20 minute walk depending on which part Fira you are walking to. I would the best way would be to wall along the main road through Karterados and then turn left just before Villa Rose. At the top of the lane turn right and you see the first views of the Caldera.

I will definitely be staying in this wonderful hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Hayley I
Also consider these accommodations in or near Karteradhos
0.0 km away
4.8 km away
Hotel Matina
Hotel Matina
#19 of 75 in Kamari

Been to Agapi Villas? Share your experiences!