Its always daunting when booking a hotel and the anxious drive up the front door wondering if it will meet your expectations but we really didn't have to worry. This hotel is first class and the pros far outweigh the cons so lets start with them.
The welcome on arrival was friendly and we were given a drink while we filled out the registration forms. The bungalows are all set on a very steep hill and a golf cart delivered us to the room which was clean, spacious and had a lovely view of the sea. We were at the top of the hill in room 326.
The restaurants, bars are all clean, with friendly staff and a fairly good choice of food most of the time. The one slight let down was the lack of lunchtime snacks. They did actually start doing some in our second week but they weren't really the type of snacks most people wanted. A few sandwiches /rolls etc would have been better. We were booked in for B & B and the breakfast had plenty of variety and was freshly put out during the entire time the buffet was open.
Pool was large with plenty of loungers etc but we didn't really use it opting for the beach where it was cooler with a breeze off the sea. Again plenty of loungers, bed chairs etc and each umbrella had a call button to order drinks. One warning the beach is typical Greek pebble/stone and you do need beach shoes to go in the water which was clear and wonderful to swim in. Towels are provided and changed as often as you wish.
As said earlier the bungalows are on a very steep hill so be prepared although you can ring reception to collect you in the golf cart.
The walk to the town is a steep downhill trek which takes 35-40 minutes and in my opinion is dangerous as there is no paths for most of the walk and the cars belt up and down the road. A taxi there and back is 7 euros going 5 back and safer.
Choice of restaurants is good in Pythagorion and we ate down there most nights. Having said that the food in the hotel buffet in the evening was excellent too.
A couple of cons. The air conditioning in the bungalows just isn't good enough. Although temperature did hit 40 while we were there it must be expected and the norm to have temperatures like that. The poor air con made sleeping difficult. My only other slight gripe is that you are a captive audience being 35-40 minutes from town and drinks are not cheap, 6 euros for a beer, cocktails 10-12 euros. Having said that these were the only two small gripes and as I said earlier the plusses far outweighed the cons.
I wold definitely go back.and recommend anyone try it. No children in the hotel even though I love kids I have to say was a plus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique environment to enjoy in magnificent scenery Laid back and experience stress free holidays. Proteas Blu Resort in a tranquility atmosphere shows character and inspires a sense of familiarity. After the warm welcome sense the friendliness of the people. Feel comfortable within "Proteas family" while taking part in numerous activities or by chilling and resting your mind. Accommodation facilities are wonderful and the food is superb. In PB you will have quality time...Actually the time will be all yours. Proteas Blu Resort is the most finest and luxurious beach front resort on the Island of Samos. Guest's accommodations looking to the sea are spread out on Mediterranean landscaped terraces situated on a naturally secluded bay having two private beaches. The unique architectural personality, the elegant accommodation and the tranquil setting offers majestic views of the blue marine seas surrounding the Aegean Islands and the Anatolian coasts. Together with the highly personalized and eminently friendly service satisfies the needs of the most distinguished traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Proteas Blu Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Proteas Blu Hotel Pythagorion
- Hotel Proteas Bay
- Proteas Blu Resort Samos/Pythagorion