Our four nights at Proteas Blu will long be a happy memory for us because our stay here was so perfect. From the moment we arrived and got upgraded to a suite with a private pool, to the lovely little gifts of drinks and snacks waiting for us each day when we returned to our room. The suites are light and bright, furnished in a modern style and the outlook from the day-bed out to the ocean over the pool is just incredible. The suite had a bath and a really good stand-alone walk in shower. It was also situated just a short walk down the steep path to the beach, which always had plenty of sun beds available in the sun and shade in September. We really couldn't go past our own pool though - how amazing!
We ate at both the Fish & Oyster and the Theory restaurant and found that both had high quality seafood and really excellent friendly staff. The breakfast on offer at the buffet was really good quality with a lot of choice. The staff at the buffet restaurant certainly were not as friendly as the other two restaurants and the bar and reception staff (who were all great). The ladies on reception were very helpful with a number of enquiries that I had and also helped me to phone and check where our boat to Ephesus departed from (because I couldn't read my ticket that was pre-purchased online in Greek).
We are a couple in our late 40s and found the peace and quiet at this high quality resort fantastic. We ate out the other two nights at our stay in Pythagorio and this is where you will experience typical Greek food, if you feel this is lacking at the resort. We had no issues with hiking up the hill to reception but we are both fit and highly mobile people. We didn't make use of the golf buggy that was offered because we are active people and don't mind the walk. We got the taxis in and out of Pythagorio for each day of our stay - prices varied with each taxi driver but it was generally 7 Euro in and 5 Euro back out. A 35 minute walk (which the walk into Pythagorio is from here) is nothing to us but in this case you are walking along the side of a road that is narrow in places with traffic and I just didn't fancy it for that reason.
We experienced plenty of the real Greece by leaving the resort each day and going to the archeological museums in both Samos Town and Pythagorio and also taking a day trip to Ephesus from Pythagorio harbour. We also did a full day trip around the island visiting all the little villages and a winery and got the local bus from Pythagorio to Samos for the day. I am so glad we choose to stay here and near Pythagorio than in Samos Town, which is much larger and doesn't have the same atmosphere as Pythagorio. Proteas Blu is the best of both worlds for us - we can experience the real Greece all day and then come back to a fantastic accommodation with an unbeatable view for the evening and next morning. The only improvement I can think of as a suggestion for people not wanting to leave the resort is to have to snack type items available like sandwiches or panini's or wraps for lunch instead of the full menu at the pool bar. If you are eating a big restaurant meal for dinner you really feel like something lighter for lunch.
On departure, we got an early flight out back to Athens and had to leave the resort at 6.30am. When we asked the reception to book the taxi for us the night before, they offered for some items from the buffet (which doesn't open until later) to be made available to us at the bar to eat for breakfast before we left. Sure enough, this was waiting for us at 5.45am at the bar. The taxi to the airport took 10 minutes! I would love to return to Proteas Blu again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique environment to enjoy in magnificent scenery Laid back and experience stress free holidays. Proteas Blu Resort in a tranquility atmosphere shows character and inspires a sense of familiarity. After the warm welcome sense the friendliness of the people. Feel comfortable within "Proteas family" while taking part in numerous activities or by chilling and resting your mind. Accommodation facilities are wonderful and the food is superb. In PB you will have quality time...Actually the time will be all yours. Proteas Blu Resort is the most finest and luxurious beach front resort on the Island of Samos. Guest's accommodations looking to the sea are spread out on Mediterranean landscaped terraces situated on a naturally secluded bay having two private beaches. The unique architectural personality, the elegant accommodation and the tranquil setting offers majestic views of the blue marine seas surrounding the Aegean Islands and the Anatolian coasts. Together with the highly personalized and eminently friendly service satisfies the needs of the most distinguished traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Proteas Blu Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Proteas Blu Hotel Pythagorion
- Hotel Proteas Bay
- Proteas Blu Resort Samos/Pythagorion