“To die for”

Ranked #13 of 28 Restaurants in Kells
Price range: US$11 - US$35
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: At Jack's Railway our vision is that: Restaurant, is like your favorite meal that brings you back good and kind memories of past times, gives you hope for what lies ahead of you. And no matter how difficult the recipe the comfort of it makes it easy to make. Our place must be a place for all your senses and soul.Fresh food cooked with love and passion, accompanied with amazing wine, it is all served with great care and attention, with the pinch of friendly talk by the fire and drizzle of music and art events. This is our favorite recipe. A genuineness of atmosphere,friendliness and presence of good company.
Reviewed 7 June 2017

Myself and a friend ate there on Saturday evening. What can I say this was my 3rd time and each time I said I must write a review. The service was excellent but oh my god the food was to die for. Starter was deep fried ravioli never had it before it was amazing then Hake with sauce and veg delicious and the grand finale homemade ice-cream 3 flavours did not know which was the best they were all wonderful. Our server recommended an organic merlot and it was so smooth I meant to ask the name then forgot. Glad I don't live in Kells only visit because I think I would live in that restaurant.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

I have been a regular to Jacks over the last few months. Kostas, his wife Asta and daughter Simona, have made me feel so welcome, as they do every customer. The regulars here are great characters.There is a fantastic range of gins... yum. And the food is fantastic.
I love popping in for a cheeky glass of wine after a hard day at work!!

1  Thank Jean D
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Jacks was closed for some time and eventually is now run by Victoria and her team. It's a real pub no glitz, good food and fresh fish and Oysters and Mussels at the weekend. Great atmosphere. All our friends live to go there and quite often there may be as many as fifteen of us at the bug table in the bar. Well done Victoria

1  Thank Andy C
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Six of us had dinner here recently Great place with nice ambience and super food Wonderful attentive service and we all enjoyed the evening out - including the two teenagers in our group Everything was perfect for us and I can recommend this restaurant

3  Thank Andre l
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

Very impressed with the food and lovely bar. Peroni on tap which is great to see. Clean and nicely furnished.

3  Thank McSuibhne