“Happy Days - A Really Lovely Place”
Review of Park Hotel Resort

and 1 more site!
Park Hotel Resort
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Baia Sardinia
Reviewed 13 August 2017

I stayed 5 nights at The Park Hotel and was very pleased I did. We had a large room with a sea view. The balcony was great with plenty of space. The shower cubicle was very small, but my goodness what a power shower it was. The private beach was only a stones throw away, which is a real plus and certainly the best asset the hotel has. I hope they always look after it. I commented to my Hub that they should have a member of staff rake over the sand any washed up debris and low and behold someone turned up on cue and did just that. I loved being in the sea and then relaxing on the sun loungers. A small draw-back I found is that although a notice says the staff will remove left towels on the sun loungers this never occurred. A few people put their towels on them and didn't show up for half the day. I do not mind if it is just for lunch and then back, but annoying when the sun loungers are limited in that particular section. I was impressed to see the staff gave some assistance to an elderly gentleman and for this I praise them highly. I think if more hotels had a member of staff looking after single elderly people it would make their holiday a great one. I would mention we paid for all inclusive, which was expensive, but was disappointed to learn that this is restricted to meal times only and you cannot take a drink outside on to the terrace, you must remain in the restaurant. I found we had to purchase a lot of water to keep us hydrated so I felt this was not my view of all inclusive. Our table had a lovely view of the sea. A note of praise must be said about Giuseppe the waiter, he is a man who takes pride in his work and a man of distinction. The cleaning ladies also did a great job especially in that heat. And finally a little matter of the food, it was some what repetitive and perhaps not the most imaginative regarding the salad selection (more just out of a jar). I appreciate for cost effectiveness you have to reuse food up the next day, but if it is overcooked on the first day (lets say green beans), by the second day it is even less impressive. Certain days were better than others. Normally I wouldn't make a comment regarding the Chefs effort, but I think he misunderstood the word soup for pate as my spoon literally stood up in it. It could be that this is a speciality in Sardinia, I don't know so I apologise if it is, but I couldn't eat it. I also felt a bit disappointed that there was no ice cream at all. It wouldn't take much to provide a refrigerator. However I must end on a high note and say I really did love staying there and yes I would go back again for more happy days.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Caroliom

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Very beautiful quiet hotel close to baja sardinia, spacious,clean, nicely decorated room/bathroom sardinian style (we had 601), nice sea views though obturated by the peninsula in front of the hotel. Good sleep and good air con. Sea water is not nice as there are high seaweeds grown on the seabed and it is not a pleasure to swim and to touch these plants with your body. Nice beaches (3) with sunbeds/umbrellas and free of charge beach/pool towels.
There are snakes (not poisonous) on the hotel alleys (eg 10 metres away from the reception!) so you cannot leave opened windows/doors. Good breakfast, though boring when you stay for 15 days. The bar offers a lunch buffet but it is not very good. Service in the restaurant (we had only breakfast) and bar is not fantastic and it is pretty slow and not very polite with other guests than germans!
Very good reception staff (especially Maria Grazia), very polite, professional and helpful, which doesn't apply to the restaurant/bar staff.
Fantastic swimmimg pool 3,5 m deep, very good for swimming, extremely clean sea water.
Free and available parking places.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LianaBucharest
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

This in No 1 place in Europe. Staff at the hotel is amazing you think you know them for ages. Especially Caterina from the reception and waiter Gianmario who took care of us. Amazing place . Highly recommend!!!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank basion19
Reviewed 5 July 2017

We fortunately had a deluxe room overlooking the beautiful beach, the weather was marvellous and the room perfect in every detail ( tv no English channels being only exception but not missed ). The receptionist Maria was absolutely great, we arrived late due to Easyjet and useless car hire company but the welcome soon overcame our tiredness. The hotel is spread over a number of different buildings, our block is rustic and homely. We booked half board but decided to have buffet lunch instead of the evening meal as it suited our style to walk into town ( half an hour ) and eat dinner in one of the many restaurants. The hotel tends to cater more for German and Italian guests, it was quite novel being the only English couple. Sardinia is definitely not a cheap holiday but excellent for a week.

Room Tip: Sea view, we liked 600 series but only 5 available
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

This hotel was booked as the final leg of our costal trip. Very nice relaxing hotel set on the beach with large pools and plenty sunbeds and beautifull gardens. Firstly, we didnt use the beach as there is an abundance of beautifull beaches nearby (by car) we booked on halfboard basis as the hotel is a good 10-15 minute stroll from the nearby family resort of baia where there are shops cafes along a wide sandy beach with crystal clear waters. Breakfast was good and served in the resteraunt in buffet style with views of the bay. Dinner was a 4 course set menu which changed each evening, with a lot of fresh fish and meat available as well as vegetarian dishes. Our room was large but was quite dissapointed with it as we paid a lot of money for sea view which we had but on ground floor and was not private at all! Seeing as the hotel was reasonably quiet they could have just given us a better room but we did not complain, cocktails were amazing and cheap but high quality, we drank these in the jaccuzzi pool right next to the bar which had lovely sunset views.
Overall we did enjoy our stay but would have liked an alfresco eating area for breakfast and our room was a bit of a let down. I wouldnt book this hotel for its beachside position though but pool made up for it, staff were nice too.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple