“Very nice food in a a pleasant setting and atmosphere”

IL BIRIBISSO Ristorante Pizzeria Griglieria
Price range: US$18 - US$62
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 29 August 2017

We sat under the veranda, a nice spot, there is outside dining. We had passed by this restaurant a while back and noticed it had a good balance of fish and meat dishes. It was my wife's birthday and she is vegetarian so I thought we would be safe. Well that particular evening the secondi were all meat mainly beef. I had a fantastic T bone steak with lardo, and fresh rosmarino. It was cooked perfectly, tender and full of taste, one of the best steaks I have had. My wife had to make do with a primi a lovely pasta dish, but disappointed there was no vegetarian secondi option, maybe a nice fish dish ? We had the house wine which was nice. I would have given it 5 stars if they had a vegetarian option as a mains

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Wonderful "Fiorentina" t-bone, great wines a nice service all at a VERY reasonable price, make sure to check it...

1  Thank RSCLFan
Reviewed 25 July 2017

We were very hopeful regarding this restaurant, given the reviews that we read, but were fairly disappointed.

We were the only non-Italians there that night, and felt as though we were being treated as an inconvenience. Every other table was given bread on arrival - we weren't, but of course, they were still happy to charge a cover charge!

We asked for sparkling water (in italian so there was no confusion) and were given still water. Ordering further drinks was also difficult.

The food was above average, but nothing to rave about. The pizza we had to start with was nice. The fillet steak that I had was quite fatty, and clearly hadn't been trimmed properly. The accompanying peppercorn sauce was better.

I wouldn't return here.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Four of us went here to celebrate my husband's birthday. The restaurant was quiet but that didn't spoil our lovely lunch. The menu is a little limited, plenty for meat lovers and some lovely homemade pasta for those with less of an appetite. The waiter was very pleasant and the restaurant itself is clean and nicely presented. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend to others.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

We have been staying locally (about 15 mins walk) to the restaurant, which had been recommended for it's excellent food and wine. Watch out for the winter opening times, we had been wanting to dine here on Monday but it's currently closed mon-wed. When we did eat here on Thursday, it didn't disappoint. We had a mixed sharing starter which was lovely and 3 of us had homemade tortellini ragu which was absolutely delicious. My son had a perfectly cooked steak, which he wasn't prepared to share, but said it was excellent! Chocolate soufflé to finish, one of the best I've tried, and a very good house red wine made this a perfect Tuscan evening out. So good in fact, we are going again tonight!