“An excellent Florentine steak, even at a moderate cost compared to the average.”

Ristorante La Torre
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 December 2017

We went for lunch at this restaurant in the late hours, at 2 pm, that is at the deadline; in fact we had come down with difficulty and slowly from the "Pratomagno" road. Despite this, the managers have found a place in a pleasant room that is available in case of large crowd.
Given the late hour, we welcomed the manager's proposal to prepare - as main dish - Florentine steak for everyone (although there were many other tempting proposals in the menu). In fact we didn't wait long time: the steak - with a side dish of some baked potato - arrived quite early. Being four of us, it was two steaks, weighing 2,100 Kgs, including bones. They were exquisite.
After that, we only order four desserts: cheese cake with two different flavours, chocolate mousse, tiramisu. Again, everything was great.
The bill could not be low, having ordered the Florentine steak: in fact it was 140 euros (including a liter of good house wine), then 35 euros each. But it isn't much at all, if we consider the current prices of the steak.
So we confirm the opinion of the majority of reviewers, according to which this restaurant is great

Reviewed 26 October 2017

I would like to praise La Torre in Loro Ciuffenna for the great food and service provided when I visited during my trip in Tuscany with my girlfriend. We were driving through the Setteponti road and decided to visit the beautiful town of Loro Ciuffenna. La Torre left us very happy, for the very tasty and well presented food, the locally sourced ingredients, the very attentive and professional service. I surely recommend;hope to return in future and will send family and friends!

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Had a lovely meal here. We were recommended it by our hotel and it did not disappoint. They were happy to accommodate me as a vegetarian with a number of suggestions that were not on the menu. All food was freshly prepared and the quality was excellent. Service was great.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

We were staying in this lovely Tuscan village for three days in lovely September weather. We were recommended by our hosts to eat in La Torre and in no way were we disappointed. My Octopus starter was so good I took my time savouring every bite and was sorry when it was gone.. The cod mousse was also excellent. My wife's gnocchi with truffles was one of the best she had ever had. We had to go back again on our last night.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Totally lacking in Italian vocabulary, I did my best to ask for a glass of the house white wine. The waiter poured a red and the red was delicious. I tried the gnocchi au gratin with truffles. It was a tasty lunch and I plan to return and try the risotto scampi!