“Best Agriturismo in Tuscany!”

Agriturismo Ristorante La Fonte
Ranked #4 of 56 Restaurants in Pienza
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse, Gastropub
Good for: View, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I think that it is hard to distinguish between what is the #1 restaurant in Pienza because I think that both La Fonte & Sette di Vino both deserve the #1 ranking. Both are different but both are extraordinary! First, La Fonte is in a beautiful setting...possibly one of the best dining settings in all of Tuscany. The service is friendly, upbeat, passionate, and they make you feel like family when visiting their property. The food is outstanding from the small plates, to the pasta dishes, to the gigantic steak...not to mention their desserts were spot on! We made 8:30 p.m. (20:30 p.m.) reservations and we were the last ones to leave. What was extra special was that they did not rush us. They let us sit as long as we wanted as we had to digest the huge portions that they relentlessly brought out course after course. It was a perfect night in a perfect setting with talented cooks and staff on hand. Do yourself a favor a treat yourself to a storybook dinner at La Fonte!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stumbled upon this restaurant by accident and are so happy we did. The staff was friendly, the food was very good and the house wine did not disappoint! We dined outside with a beautiful view of the Tuscan countryside.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We ate as a family and thoroughly enjoyed our visit. A beautifully placed restaurant with lovely views over the Tuscan hills. Staff were friendly, service excellent and food was delicious. We ate early at 730 and the restaurant was already filling up so reservations are worth it. Fair price for the amount and quality of food. They catered for my 6 year olds less adventurous palette as well as gluten intolerance!
recommend the Ribollita!!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Good food, good value, great view, nice hosts but food was cold; specifically the steak and my coffee at the end... Almost five stars. Would recommend to others.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We sat there to view the sunset which was beautiful. The food started out great, we had the pecorino shepherd cheese platter which was delicious. My husband then had a pasta with cacio pepe which was good but somewhat plain and I had pici which was plain as we'll.

The restaurant needs to separate smokers from non smokers. The people next to us lit up and my husband was forced to leave the table twice as he could not breathe.

I had the strawberry cheesecake ( forgot the Italian name) which was not as good compared to the rest of the food. I did not finish my dessert which is always a first.

I recommend people come here for farm to table food and the romantic view.