La Casa degli Archi
  • Restaurant
Hotel Scilla(Sovana)(Great Value!)
US$117
  • Breakfast included
Sovana Hotel & Resort(Sovana)
US$107
Hotel della Fortezza(Sorano)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$96
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsamazing viewsyogurtbreadtwo couplesold townapartmenthouseaccommodationprivacywifi
Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

As a matter of fact it is not an hotel but a house in the city. The one we stayed was very nice with two bedroons and a lot of space. Well decorated and very well located. There was also a bathtube in the room. Breakfast was delivered in our door about 8:00 a.m..
The only inconvinience was that the roof in the upper bedroom. It was too low.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hmsacra
Reviewed 28 August 2016

We arrived in Pitigliano and found the check-in place--not easy, as you could not park nearby. We were informed by an exceedingly arrogant woman that our "apartment" was next to a parking lot--not with the promised beautiful view, and not in a hotel at all, for that matter. When I stated that we were under the impression that we were booking a hotel and not an "apartment," she snapped at me in a demeaning and condescending way that Pitigliano was "a medieval village and we don't have hotels in medieval villages. We use apartments, that is a common custom."

She then continued to berate me for not reading the email they sent which would have described all this (it didn't). When I explained it wasn't the time to go back and find those emails, and we needed to sort this out, and that we needed to stay in a hotel and not an apartment up a long flight of stairs (one of us is disabled) and overlooking a most pituresque parking lot, she said "too bad, we won't help you, and your reservation is already canceled."

This left us in a bind-- in the middle of Tuscany at the height of tourist season with no place to stay. Luckily we were able to book a suite at the nearby Villa Acquavita, which was charming, hospitable, and comfortable, and thoroughly accomondating and professional. I sent an email to the contact person at "Casa Deglli Archi" (there really is no such "thing," just a collection of apartments that are on the market and hence "staged"--not a permanent arrangement at all)--and he was basically as rude as the first woman--we got nowhere. Oh, and they "graciously" waived the "cancellation fee" and then expected me to be grateful (even though they were the ones that canceled the reservation).

I suspect that they were depending on booking their vacated "apartment" for more $ at the last minute, mentioning more than once (with obvious resentment) the discounted rate I got through booking.com. In all my travels I have had mostly good experiences; yes, I have dealt with some rudeness, some lack of tact and some inconsideration, but I have never have been frankly abused by staff, and have never encountered such an incredible absence of professionalism.

If you are really seduced by the pictures and are set on staying here, then remember, this is not a hotel, but a flat, and definitely ask for pictures of the exact room that you will be staying in, else you may be in for a disappointment. I'm not sure how they got all the rave reviews on this website, but my suspicions are high.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

In my 18 day trip to Tuscany this was the best place Ive been to.

The place itself is lovely, so well decorated with antique furniture and nice paintings, spacious, comfortable, an unbelievable view and a complete kitchen with utensils, fridge and an nespresso coffee machine, its like being in a wonderful house.

Every morning a basket full of items is delivered to the guests, there is plenty of food.

Federica was the person in charge of our group, she was kind and friendly, did help us in our arrival and departure and was always willing to give us precious tips.

The only thing I regret is not staying longer. We stayed only 2 nights but I strongly recommend 3 as a minimun stay because you can use Pitigliano as a headquarter to visit several interesting atrractions: Terme di Saturnia, Sorana, Sovana and even Bagnoregio or Orvieto. I would have easily stayed one entire week.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2016

Our welcome here was absolute. We arrived by bus and found our way to the office where we met and escorted to our apartment, ready very early afternoon. We were given excellent directions to restaurants, walking tracks etc. Our breakfast was delivered in a basket to our doorstep; there was the best provision for the gluten free needs with fresh hard boiled eggs and ample gluten free bread, biscuits and cereal. There was sufficient in the basket to provide for the family back home! The town itself was a total joy with amazing history, views, local produce, great delis and interesting walking through the valley below along Etruscan trails. The restaurants had ambiance, hearty food, excellent wine at amazing prices. A wonderful place to simply take time out and relax and our apartment, in the old part of the village was an excellent base.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alwsempl
Reviewed 9 June 2016

As you drive around the corner you see the medieval village sitting high on the hill, like something out of a fairy tale. The apartment was exceptional, large, beautifully restored with all modern amenities but the historic features maintained sympathetically. The view from the picture window was fantastic, and if you look down you are looking STRAIGHT down the side of the mountain and city wall. The lower level of the apartment offered another large dinning area & another small sitting area, part of the floor had been excavated and a glass panel added - with a skeleton below! Fascinating....also on the lower level, 40 steps lead down right into the inner part of the mountain to a cave like cellar. In the morning, a bountiful breakfast basket was placed just inside our front door - loaded with pastries, jams, bread, cereal, yogurt and juices. The fridge was stocked with water, juices and milk and a coffee maker was on site. My review can't do this place justice - you have to see it and experience it to truly understand it's magic! Loved every moment we spent here.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple