“Wonderful surprise”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2014

We traveled by car on a local dirt road on a rainy day, and followed a local car which stopped in this restaurant, without knowing what to expect.
To our great pleasure, the food was amazingly tasty, the spaghetti carbonara was one of the best I ever had in Italy, and so for the pasta pommodori dish.
The price was very reasonable.
The toilet quite clean.
The waitress (proprietor?) and chef were both very friendly.
Definitely a place to revisit!

2  Thank nnooaamm

Reviewed 25 September 2014

We cam here a lot of years, only to find that there's a new kid in town, I immediatly recognised that there was something different, the plase looked nicer, all of the lamps were working, a new interior.
A younger, hard working couple reside here now, okay, the food is better, the people work hard, they speak pretty good english too. The new kids are better than the old one. Yet I miss him, still I can heartly give 4 stars out of five.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We dined at the Madonnino dei Monti yesterday, December 30, and made a very positive experience.
As I was back to this restaurant near home for the first time after several years, I must say that the transformations are substantial and remarkable.

The food is of high quality and comes with generous portions. In particular, the local noodle with wild boar meat sauce was excellent. All the more the prices are honest and, for once, you will pay 5€ for one liter good house wine. I emphasize this feature as, at most restaurants around, wines are sold at exorbitant and unjustifiable prices. Better to avoid them.
Unlike most restaurants in Tuscany, also the bread was here tasty and genuine. Wine and bread are distinctive properties for the quality of a restaurant.

In short, I highly recommend the Madonnino dei Monti also in view of the kindness and competence of the young owners. Best wishes.

2  Thank marco z
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We had tasted the best pizza here during our 2 weeks trip in Italy. Of course the mixed grill and tiramisu here are also excellent. Staff were all friendly. Make sure you go for a dinner and never miss the pizza here if you stay at Tuscana. The price is very reasonable me totally affordable.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

If you are staying in Toscana - just south of Siena this restaurant shouldn't be missed. It is well hidden - and you might easily miss it - but when you find it is well wotrh it. The Tagliata (secondi) made by Antonio is a dream The tiramisu and pannacotta are superb. You should also try the mixed bruscetta (antipasti). If we return to Toscana this restaurant is on our list.