Stayed here with friends at the beginning of June as part of a fleet way all inclusive package, having read previous reviews we were somewhat worried as to what we would find, needless to say this was not the case.As a party of 4 ladies we were collected from Faro airport by a very smart young man & shown to a Mercedes estate with welcomed Air conditioning & free WiFi , no sweaty resort coach !
We made the 1 hour journey in cool comfort a great start to our break
Arriving at illunion we were shown into a beautiful modern reception with cocktail bar & piano, now make know mistake this is a Spanish hotel in a very Spanish resort & so English is not the first language but this all adds to the experience.
If you want English bacon & draught bitter this is not the place for you !
Our rooms on the 3rd floor were clean, airy and with a balcony & sea view as requested oh & spacious bathroom.
So to our first culinary experience which as per previous reviews worried us....... But no need ....yes it is noisy & not the place for a romantic meal adieu
It is a Jasper Conran inspired dining room, light, airy , functional and spotlessly kept clean by the superb staff.
More importantly the food was superb with lots of choice from spectacular salad bar to delicious meats & fish not forgetting the dessert selection of various gelato`s , cakes, fresh fruit & cheeses .Breakfast was in a similar vein.
Lager, wine , sangria, wAter and hot drinks are available to
The pool area is superb with plentiful sun beds and large swimming pool with separate children's pool. The pool bar has plenty if tables inside and out.
As the only 4 English people during 4 days of our stay it made the evening entertainment a little challenging as Spanish Mr & Mrs was a little hard to follow !
However on our last evening a large party of fellow tourists arrived and so the evenings entertainment was in English & Spanish.
There are bars in the shopping complex next door to the hotel which are reasonably priced and the Islantilla promenade is beautiful for a stroll.
This hotel is predominantly Spanish but this makes for a peaceful holiday as it would not attract the "lager louts" associated with some Spanish resorts.
I would return to this hotel as would my friends & feel the previous critiques are a little unfair.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ILUNION Islantilla is situated on the sea front, next to the Islantilla golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your ILUNION Islantilla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Confortel Islantilla Hotel Islantilla
- Confortel Hotel Islantilla
- Islantilla Confortel Hotel