All reviews tree house an hour spa area be honest little touches unique experience treehouse farmhouse toilet sawdust peace site map options balcony kids
Reviewed 10 October 2017

My husband and I stayed here for one night in late September, in Cargolet. Our welcome was very good, the staff were very kind considering we don't speak Spanish very well and made an effort to communicate in English. Our treehouse was at the far end of the site but there is a car park next to it which we used. The terrain is rugged to say the least and I was a bit worried about our hire car but all was fine. I have mixed feelings about the treehouse. It was done up very nicely and the bed was excellent, the view and peace from the balcony were also lovely. There were cute little touches such as hot water for drinks and homemade biscuits. I didn't like how much it wobbled! I'm not scared of heights but the wobble definitely made me a bit nervous. The main thing I didn't like at all was the toilet. It was about 6 feet from the bed and screened off only by a curtain. I have no issue at all with an ecological toilet, but covering waste in sawdust does little to subdue odours and when it's so close to the bed it's very offputting as the smell lingers, not terribly romantic! It would have been better to either put the toilet external to the living area, or screen it off with a proper door. I suspect the owners considered these options and discounted them, but it did spoil my stay if I'm honest.
In terms of the facilities, we hired the spa for an hour and thoroughly enjoyed it. I would have liked changing facilities within the spa area though as we ended up getting dried and dressed standing on the grass which was pretty chilly and open.
We had dinner at the farmhouse and it was fantastic. The waitress was just lovely and the food was also excellent. We did get lost on the way home but that was because I didn't bring the map and we followed the purple (rather than dark blue) signage. At least we burned off some of the calories!
Breakfast arrived bang on time and was lovely, a nice start to the day. Check out was straighforward and we used the hotel's offer of 2-4-1 at the nearby adventure park which was brilliant.
Overall we did very much enjoy our stay but I have to be honest and say I don't think I'd return due to the toilet issue.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
ArianeCabanes, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Cabanes als Arbres, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

I've read your constructive comment very carefully as
all comments allow us to continue improving. And I have to tell you that in a short time you can go back to spend one night in our hotel! When you visited us, we had already installed in 6 of our 10 cabins closed toilets with doors, but not yet Cargolet (comments like yours who allowed us to make this decision). Some changes are easy to make, and others require a more detailed study, since sometimes they imply the own structure or space of the cabin. But you're right! And we're ending this change! We always have this great desire to maintain the peace of our customers and respect for our nature, and at the time we do not think of something as intimate as the toilet should be an inconvenient! So, Done. If the unique reason was the WC, you can come back! Thanks again and hope to see you soon. Ariane

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

It can't be described, you must live it! It was a dream came true. We arrived there, full of peace, calm and relax, the birds were singing all around. The receptionist gave us a small bag with lighter, two front lights, a map, the key of our treehouse, a walkie-talkie and a pen. There was no network, no wifi, only the silence and the birds. We did a sauna, hot bath, .... the dinner was served at the treehouse, it could be done at the big house, but we preferred to do it at the tree, full of candles (no electricity inside it). We were awake by the birds again, and we had brekfast also at the treehouse. So, the experience finished , but it never lasts in our memories.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Loreto D
ArianeCabanes, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Cabanes als Arbres, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

So many many thanks for these nice words! What a good description as we really work on in order to offer this connection with the nature and pacefull stay in our paradise. Hope to see you again one day. Kind regards!

Reviewed 18 March 2017

The treehouses are awesome, the food is good, and the hikes around the treehouses are scenic and relaxing. Just don't come without a car because it is an absolute nightmare to reach this remote location. When we stayed a really bad storm hit the treehouses and made it very difficult to actually sleep. The wind was howling and the treehouse was shaking violently. A few bugs crept in but that's too be expected. I cannot stress enough how unhelpful the staff were when it came to actually reaching this location. They should definitely advise any potential guests that coming without a car is the worst possible idea you could have. If you're going from Barcelona you have to take a train to Girona, and from there take a sporadic bus that will go to one of the neighboring towns. Once you are in a neighboring town a taxi driver will charge you an obscene sum to bring you up. it's just a poor choice.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Carlos, you are right concerning the dificulty to come without car. Since a few months there is no taxist in the nearest village and we're working on it in order to find a solution for our guests who don't have car. As we want to offer a total tranquility and peace to all our guests, we had to find a real quite place, and the Montseny and Guilleries are our little paradise.

Reviewed 19 August 2016

My husband found Cabanes als Arbres online, and to be honest I took some convincing. But how stupid I was! This place was amazing.

We had Cargolet cabin, which was beautiful itself, let alone the amazing views! I was a little nervous when the cabin swayed in the wind, but very quickly got used to it. The peace and tranquility were just incredible.

We booked the spa for an hour, giving us private use of a wood-fired outdoor hot-tub and sauna... this was absolutely incredible, and so so relaxing. I strongly recommend adding this option. We also added 'romantic touches' to our stay, which was less amazing - some massage tools which we didn't use much and some talcum powder. I wouldn't bother with this if we stay again.

The food was wonderful. We had a 3-course dinner served in our cabin, comprising soup (the pumpkin option was especially good) followed by an excellent beef stew, and some cheesecake. It was served with a great bottle of red, and we also ordered cava for true indulgence. Breakfast was also served in the cabin, and was a decent mix of croissants, yoghurt, fruit etc, with wonderful fresh-squeezed orange juice and some passable coffee.

Overall a wonderful stay and highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2015

My wife found the Cabanes als Arbres and booked it as a first stop on an extended trip home from the coast. The true houses are amazing, so peaceful. Ours was within sight of one other tree house, otherwise totally alone. Breakfast arrives at the end of a rope. Haul it up and relax. The central house is where dinner happens. It also houses a rather lovely shower room, and there's a decent pool outside.

The stars of the show are the tree houses. They are unlike anything we've ever stayed in before. I can only imagine how cosy they are in winter!

We went there with our kids. I might not bother next time, a brief escape à deux would be a better idea. That said, there is a fantastic trees-and-ropes park (in the style of Go Ape) almost next door.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family