Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 12/08/21
PricelineUS$73
FindHotel
Trip.com
All reviews oyster fleet lighthouse restaurant other guests stayed here for one night venue
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 October 2020

Stayed overnight whilst touring the area, booked a budget room which overall wasn't too bad, had dinner in the restaurant which i thoroughly recomend, very tastly and not too bad price wise about £17 2 courses, £20 3 courses, restaurant looks out over the adjacent lake.

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 26 August 2020

My family stayed at the Oyster fleet Hotel for one night. We were greeted by a friendly lady at the reception.

Our room was average, nice and spacious, but dirty. It was very dusty and there was dirt on the carpet.

The bathroom felt dirty too, there was black mould on the seals around the bath, the shower curtain looked dirty and was smelly and the basin area was dirty- I wiped it with an antibacterial wipe myself and it was dirty.
The bath tub plug hole must have had a blockage as the water was not flowing down easily, leaving us standing in dirty water!

We didn't see any cleaners/ housekeepers during our stay. Guests were asked to leave rubbish outside their door (as housekeepers were not entering rooms due to covid 19)
One room had rubbish outside it's door for nearly 24hrs, which isn't nice for other guests who have to keep walking past.

The restaurant was closed, but the bar was serving food. This was very busy as it is used by members of the public so can be tricky to get a table.
The food was ok, rack of ribs overcooked so too dry. Breakfast was really greasy too.

The hotel is in a good location for shops and the beach.

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 17 August 2020 via mobile

The rooms where not clean with toy found behind a table and pink wig under a built in cabinet we presumed that there’s not enough cleaners but it just got worse we went to the bar and it was packed they let general public go into the bar and take all the tables you would think they have a seating area for guests only but they don’t and if think that’s bad? It just go even more worse. In the bar we ordered a family meal all of are’s arrived but my dads so we waited a bit thinking it wasn’t ready but we gave up so we found are waitress after I and my dad went to the bathroom where there was no cubicles and a hand dryer behind a door so every time you go in you get nocked so they should move the hand dryer. When we came out the waitress came to us after she took my dads order from my mum the waitress say to my dad “your wife is a unhappy bunny” when came back and a man came up to a table with people already on it sat on the end and was wright next to me and it wasn’t even a 30cm gap I me I felt very uncomfortable because of Covid and there was no table social distanced after all of that we headed back for a shower, while my mum was drying her hair it got caught up in a 1970s hair dryer and luckily didn’t get caught up in the dryer but created a not in her hair and had to cut the not out . There’s no anti back in the bar there’s one in the check in but that’s it in the bath room there’s only half a roll of toilet paper and no spears. On the website it say they have FREE WFI but when you log on you have to pay they don’t have a telephone in the room you would presume there’s a bin in the bathroom and in the main room but you only get one in the bathroom so if someone was in there is no offer place for you to dispose it and its a small bin that had to be changed like ever day . In the bar there where no clean tables with food on the floor and me and my family could not see a single cleaner, there’s no do not disturb signs in the room so staff can just wander in and you have no privacy .At the end of the day it was a terrible experience at the Oysterfleet hotel and I’ve recently come out of hospital and very excited to go to a hotel since lock down as the last time I went to a hotel was two years ago in March and still currently classed as under there care (home leave) still my treatment last for six weeks and have my meds every day so ...

DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL

Your wonderful
Guest

Ethan Miller
age11

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 28 December 2019 via mobile

We as a family were celebrating a birthday, we booked early as there were fourteen or more coming. We were not disappointed, service was excellent nothing was too much trouble. When your catering for teens to septuagenarians a lot can go wrong, not here, we had a great time again. We recommend this jem to you. Sunday roast especially.

We will return

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 30 November 2019 via mobile

Only stayed here for one night (Sat) this time but a big improvement on our last stay even though it took a lot of convincing my other half after she had read some recent reviews!
Our last visit the room was very cold, dated and quite noisy, however. this time we were pleasantly surprised how warm it was and had recently been decorated, however, the tv in the room for the size of the room is like an iPad and there is no free WiFi.
However as stated we were only there for one night this time as we were visiting relatives at Kings Park Village where we also saw the fantastic “Abba Twins” performing to a ‘sellout’ crowd at the ‘Fountain’ venue.
Unfortunately we didn’t get the chance to try the Lighthouse Restaurant or the bar food but it is on the agenda when we travel down to the area in the future.
Only small niggle I have is that the communal door to the rooms in the Annex would not lock thereby providing less security to the room and also an opportunity for anyone needing free refuge for the night in a warm corridor.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple