US$74
  • Pool
Priceline
The County Hotel(Carnforth)
1,170 results
All reviewswater sportscrazy golfwashing machineleisure centrelake districtbedroom lodgeswimming pooltable tennisgames areadiamond resortsthrough groupongames roomtennis courtsfridge freezerself cateringwater skiingmini golf
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay, very accommodating for my family and 10 month old. Food in the restaurant very good value and staff are all lovely and extremely helpful. The room was nice just needed a little TLC, just little things like the washer didn't spin (remember we have a 10 month old) the microwave was too small for us to put bottle steriliser in. Only tiny changes but for us these were things we required. But the rooms were very clean and cosy.

Stayed: September 2017
Diamond R, General Manager at Pine Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

We thank you for your review. We are very glad you have enjoyed your stay here at Pine Lake. We note your comments regarding the amenities in your apartment and we thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we will be sure to look into this further. We would hope that your experience wouldn’t deter you from staying with us again as we would love to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

Firstly, on behalf of myself and my husband, I’d like to thank you for our enjoyable stay at Pine Lake Resort on the weekend of 21st April – 23rd April.
We received our stay as a ‘Buy a Gift’ voucher from my aunt and uncle as part of our wedding present.
When choosing where to spend our 2 night break, Pine Lakes was by far the best option for us and we booked without hesitation and couldn't wait for a romantic weekend away without the children!

Before arriving, we made sure that we read the check in times and were aware we couldn’t check in until 4pm. Due to this, on our way up to Pine Lakes, we took a pit stop in Blackpool! We had a little wander about and did a bit of shopping, then at around 4-ish we decided to make our way up knowing that we would arrive later than the check in time to avoid us having to wait for our room to be ready.

When we arrived at reception, the lady at the front desk was very helpful and had lots of information for us and was happy to help. She explained about extra charges etc which we were already aware of as we did our homework before we came, so there were no nasty ‘surprise’ charges that we read about on TripAdvisor.
We were amazed when we arrived at our lodge 209 and it was on the water’s edge! We were very lucky to have such a good view of the lake.
The lodge was clean and tidy. It felt like a home from home with everything we needed!

We settled down with a cup of tea and had a look at the ‘Things to do’ booklet in the lodge and we decided we would head up to Windermere and take a boat trip on the Saturday. We got up early on Saturday and made use of the breakfast pack that was left for us. There was plenty for 2 people and the toast with butter and jam set us up until lunchtime. Breakfast was even nicer eating it outside on the veranda.

After our trip, we decided to come back at around 3-ish. Usually, when we have a day trip somewhere, we will stay out purposely to avoid going back to a cramped hotel room, however we made our way back knowing that there was a lovely lodge waiting for us with awesome views.
We took a trip to the local Aldi store to pick up some bits for our dinner and came back to the lovely warm lodge.
My husband decided to put the football on so I took the opportunity to take a soak in the bath. After the bath, I sat on the sofa with my husband and felt so relaxed that I fell asleep! I can’t remember the last time I did this. I just felt so comfortable and relaxed there. We looked up your rates online for us to book ourselves. (as this was a gift)

Unfortunately, this is where my review becomes less positive.

Sunday morning came and we weren’t looking forward to leaving this idyllic location.
We set our alarms early so we could soak up the last few hours we had on our own before heading home to our children in The Midlands.
We were aware that check out was at 10am as we had been informed on arrival, it was on our information slip and we had also looked it up before we booked.

Firstly, 8:55am we received a sales call to our in-room phone where we were told we could have more information when we checked out at 10am. This was quite frustrating as we were nearing our check out and gathering our things and preparing breakfast. We didn’t let it phase us though as we were discussing the call about the offer to stay again for £99. We didn’t realise this was part of a time share pitch until we checked out, and we declined the offer.

Secondly, whilst we were eating our breakfast on the veranda, a bag was thrown over the railings onto the decking with new bedding for the next guests at around 9:15am. We still had 45 minutes before we were due to check out. This made us feel like we were in the way.

Finally, after the bedding incident and the telephone call, we certainly felt as though we had outstayed our welcome and started to load the cars up. Whilst we were loading up the cars, a gentleman in a white van brought new towels and toiletries for the next guests and asked if he could leave them on the kitchen side! This was around 9.30!

We hadn’t even checked out when the above 3 things happened and it ruined what had been a lovely weekend away! We felt our privacy had been broken on 3 occasions and felt that we had outstayed our welcome.

In the hotels we have stayed in before, housekeeping do not attempt to enter your room until you have checked out. This would have been preferable for our stay!

We had no intention of overstaying our welcome or checking out later than we had been advised at check in.
As the weather was nice, we intended on having one last cuppa on the veranda before hitting the road, however we actually walked round to reception after the towel incident and checked out earlier and then left.

After arriving and being blown away by how perfect everything was, we left feeling like we were an inconvenience contemplating whether we would actually come back again.

This was actually written as an email to Diamond Resorts, however, did not receive a response.

We would had easily given 5 stars if it wasn't for such an abrupt end to our stay.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Diamond R, General Manager at Pine Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Thank you for your kind words. We are very glad you had an enjoyable stay here at Pine Lake Resort. Please be advised that our resort is part of the membership club and the representatives do endeavor to contact guests to give them an opportunity to learn about the Club, and offer their assistance. We are sorry if this experience had affected your overall stay with us. We want all our guests to feel welcome from the start to the end of their stay, and we are very sorry that this does not seem to have been reflected. I will speak with the housekeeping team to ensure this does not happen again in future and we are grateful to you for bringing this to our attention. When guests are at the lodge, staff should not enter or leave anything until guests check-out from their unit. We would love to welcome you at our resort again in the future.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Although the lodges are beautifully positioned around the lake, some of them are seriously in need of refurbishment. In our 2 bedroom 2 bathroom Lodge, you couldn't use the shower in the second bathroom whilst running a bath, as the water pressure was too low! Also, the hot water tank is so small that you can only run the bath about a quarter full before the water goes stone cold!! (The picture below shows a "full" lukewarm bath). We found it irritating to have to take it in turns to use one of two bathrooms... but the Lodge sleeps 6 - and there were only 2 of us!! The facilities at Pine Lake are not up to the standard of any other Timeshare Resort we've visited: the changing rooms are in dire need of attention - not enough working lockers, dirty floor, awful showers with no temperature adjustment. The restaurant is ok: it's reasonably priced with a decent selection on the menu. However, it's a very brightly lit, noisy room - more like a hospital cafeteria than a 4* resort restaurant. The restaurant, housekeeping and reception staff are friendly and helpful.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Diamond R, General Manager at Pine Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to read that your 2 bedroom lodge did not meet with your expectations. We note your comments regarding the leisure centre and the restaurant, we thank you for bringing these to our attention, and we will be sure to look into this further. We apologise for any disappointment you may have experienced on this occasion. We do hope that you have enjoyed some aspects of your stay here, and we would love to welcome you at our resort again in the future.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

For the price we paid I was not expecting too much.

I have to say I was really impressed in general. The lady at reception greeted professionally, yet with great humour. Both my wife and I felt immediately relaxed and fairly comfortable with the venue.

Two slight niggles...you had to pay £10 to use the gym facilities and the chap who drove the van to collect the laundry pulled up immediately in front of us and blocked the walkway. He simply blanked us and strutted into a lodge. My wife is a very calming influence and we didn't want this to spoil our stay.

Those two aside, it really is a nice place to stay. We walked half way around the lake (you can't get all of the way around) in lovely sunshine and a tranquil setting. Nice!

We ate lunch there, which I have to say, was plentiful and of great quality.

The bed in the room is designed for two small adults (humour) as my wife and I felt crammed onto it, so I slept on the floor. The hotel staff kindly got me extra bedding to allow me to do this. The pull out bed is, I assume, for small children. I am 6ft 8ins and of a large build, hence the lack of room in their bed. It's only a double rather than a king sized bed.

Really pleasant stay. We left at 0200hrs and gave our key to the concierge. Fairly easy check out.

We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2017

With regard to our recent stay at this resort.
Firstly; my wife and her sister stayed here in January 2017, she told me about the site and I said I would like to see it myself, as we both love the Lake District.

Prior to our arrival, I spoke to Diamond Resorts, to confirm our attendance, as my wife had agreed to return with myself on a promotional 3 night stay, which involved a (minimum 90 minute) presentation of the Diamond Resort Group, on the Sunday at 13.30hrs. It was confirmed with myself, that we would have access to all facilities on the resort, for the duration of the stay.
This turned out, not to be the case when we arrived.
When we arrived we went to reception and booked in, we were then told we could not use the on-site facilities unless we paid for them, along with the use of the Wi-Fi.
We spoke to the concierge, who stated she would speak to Diamond Resorts, to confirm what was said, and she handed us a copy form of the conditions of use, and stated she would get back to us.
This she never did, even though we saw her the following day on site, as we walked around the Lake, and she completely ignored us, we brought that up at the presentation meeting.
I read the promotional offer paperwork, and it does not state that we have to pay for use of the facilities, which would make sense, as it would not be much of a promotional offer otherwise. We brought this up at the presentation meeting.
I also stated that I didn’t like the Studio room we were in because of the following;
There was a card under the bed stating ‘we clean under here as well’; however we found the metal part of a Champagne/Sparkling wine bottle, next to my wife’s bedside cabinet.
There was a stain of grease/sweat on the sofa area. (see picture)
There was a green felt stain on the easy chair. (see picture)
The toilet opens straight onto the kitchen (I know regulations with regard to this have changed over the years, but I do not like that hygiene aspect).
The toilet door opens inwards. (Building Regulations; The door should open outwards if this is the only downstairs loo. This is a safety feature as downstairs toilets should be disabled and safety friendly, so if someone has an incident or fall in there they won’t be trapped behind the door).
Also with regard to the toilet and door, it is impossible (if you are over 5’2” tall) to sit on the toilet seat properly, as the door frame comes into contact with your knee, the distance between door and toilet is only 1”-1”1/2. (see picture)
The studio has only one exit/entrance, there were fire strips missing from the toilet door frame, contravening safety/fire regulations. (see picture)
The door locks have obviously been changed, but no consideration was given to the fitting as there is a noticeable gap at the base, which must be extremely cold at times. (see picture)
We were also, (along with countless others) disappointed with the lack of on-site entertainment on the Saturday and Sunday night.
However, the restaurant was excellent, with friendly staff and lovely food.
After the meeting we did find that our room had been cleaned and tidied, in our absence. Then at about 17.00hrs Sunday afternoon, we received a telephone call from reception, stating we could use the facilities if we wanted to! Too little, too late I’m afraid as we were leaving the following morning.
We have in the past been to Diamond Resort properties, but I have to say I was very disappointed in this one. It was not what you should expect from such a Multi-billion dollar company.

Stayed: September 2017

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry that your stay here did not meet with your expectations on this occasion. We take on board your comments regarding the apartment allocated to you and we are sorry if your apartment did not appear to have been cleaned to a standard. I will discuss the points you have raised with the team, and please be assured we take all feedback seriously and this will be fully addressed with our housekeeping manager. Please be advised our health and safety and fire safety inspections are done regularly and the rooms do not show any hazard, however we are grateful to you for bringing this to our attention. We hope that you may chose to visit our resort again in the future. Best wishes.