“Lovely break”

Ranked #10 of 103 Restaurants in Bridgnorth
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2018

We have just returned from a 3 day break touring the area. An outstanding pub with 'hotel' quality bedrooms, friendly staff and excellent food. The rooms were large and well thought out, mirrors and sockets where needed, plenty of space in the bathroom for washing bags etc. and very, very clean.
We had an adult with us with autism, staff happy to fit in with any meal requirements without making me feel uncomfortable about having to ask. "Yes, we can do that." Was their answer to each of our requests. Thank you, we felt really welcome.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

My wife, Di and I stayed for 3 nights in the easy access room.
Very comfortable, excellent food and sensible drink prices.
Full marks to Sandra and Nicky for managing our memorable stay....very accommodating with our food requirements etc. So friendly and never said no.
Thanks to all the staff for making our stay so comfortable and cosy.
See you again for sure..

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Had the carvery twice during 2 nights staying at Down Inn. It was the best carvery we have ever eaten! Wonderful meats cooked to perfection with so many choices of vegetables too. We would not hesitate this wonderful place to anyone as the food and decor are excellent. The atmosphere is so relaxing too in this period Inn.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Nestling down the Ludlow Road this 15th century inn is sure to hit the spot. Whether you just looking for a cosy meal or a special occasion you will not be disappointed. Varied menu includes a carvery option...really good value. All food preferences catered for..just ask.! A warm welcome is assured whether from Sharon and Steve or any of their staff.
Lovely setting good selection of beers and ciders too.
Highly recommended...definitely a place to go to.

1  Thank Anne R
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Due to a Mother's Day hap with another restaurant, i found this place, and thankfully, they had a cancellation which meant I could book a table.

The building is beautiful both on the inside and the outside with plenty of parking behind the property.

We went in, our table was not booked for another 20 mins, but they said if we'd like to sit now we could. I also had a glass of a very nice cider which i'd never come across before. Will definitely be coming back here again.

Starter i had the salmon and prawns which was excellent, perfect sized starter portion and my wife enjoyed their soup of the day which was tomato and basil.

Now comes the reason why it get's a 4 and not a 5.

We went with our newborn baby, so one person went and got food, then when they got back, the other would go. My wife went first, i thought she'd been a while, but for all i know, there could have been a long line. Turns out, the staff member was just out the back in the kitchens (i presume) then pops out to serve waiting customers, then goes away again.

When my wife got back, she mentioned this to me, so i thought that if the chef wasn't there, then i'd time how long it would take for them to notice i was there. Got to the carvery, no staff, so I wait.
1 minute
2 minutes
3 minutes
4 minutes
5 minutes
6 minutes
7 minutes - then he comes out.

Food was very very good, the beef and turkey was exceptional as were the choices of veg, but i dont fancy waiting seven minutes to get my food. I did not want to walk to the bar, tell the staff, then when i get back, a big group are in front of me.

Once i got the food though, it was very very nice. If there is a bell people can press to get the staff's attention, that would be better. Such a shame that i had to wait that long for a carvery server.

2  Thank Dan S