Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
US$56
View deal
Free cancellation until 08/12/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Orbitz.com
Expedia.comUS$57
Hotels.comUS$57
eDreams
All reviews garden view refurbished room lick of paint buffet style course meal each evening public areas lounge area breakfast and dinner waiting staff short break haggis warm welcome family room strathmore lindsay wedding
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 September 2022 via mobile

I wouldn't usually eat at a hotel resteraunt, even if I was staying there, but it was the only place open in the area without driving again on our first night in Nethybridge. Happily we were pleasantly surprised. Not massive choice of menu - but well cooked food at a reasonable price and friendly staff. Starter of Haggis in Whisky sauce recommended. Fish platter contained a large portion of well cooked salmon, the seafood was deep fried and possibly pre-prepared - not usually what I would chose but overall dish was nice enough. What was a little odd was the amount of dining space with multiple rooms. We sat in a large room on our own, we were eating late the end of service but there were obviously diners in other areas. I would try again but wouldn't be my first choice.

Date of stay: September 2022
Reviewed 31 August 2022

Super friendly staff (eg they happily sent back to me a coat I had left there) - but also noticeable elsewhere in dealings around the hotel. Large hotel, old, a little tired in decor, fading grandeur, with a fascinating story. Beautiful surroundings.

Room tip: The haggis and the salmon fillet were fantastic!
Reviewed 25 August 2022 via mobile

From the very start, an advertised offer was refused, when argued as shown on Strathmore website. When pushed it was agreed it could be done. Lovely hotel, stayed in room 101, really great room. HOWEVER housekeeping do not visit the room if occupied so for 5days, 4 nights no room service. I did not pay that kind of money at a so called 3 star hotel to wash my own cups and glasses, we had been there three days before telling us if we wanted clean towels, we had to Leave them outside the room. We had to remove Our own rubbish to be left a bin bag for the next lot. The ‘set’ menu was the same from Sat to wed so very bored by then. Some staff need a kicking but generally good. Would stay again, After
Covid is not just an excuse to cut service we paid for.
As repeat Strathmore offenders, this is just not the service we expect.

Room tip: Lift is blooming small, try for room 101. Early breakfast is better for choice.
1  Thank Steamy66
Lindsay Parker, Other at Nethybridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2022

Dear Steamy66,

Thank you for your review, I am unaware of what the discussion in regards to do with the offer however I will speak with my team in regards to this, I am delighted that you liked your room it is a lovely spacious room and is very popular with our returning guests, I can only apologise if you were not informed on arrival in regards to us providing limited housekeeping this is an ongoing thing in majority of hotels due to being covid cautious and also due to staff shortages which all areas of employment are facing at the moment, we are more than happy to have cleaned your room on request to reception at any time.

I am unsure as to what you mean by "some staff need a kicking" I dont think a comment like this is necessary towards staff that are dealing with a hard time in the industry and still turn up each day to look after our guests, if you mean in the sense or perhaps needing training then this is taken on board however everyone needs to start somewhere and im sure on your next visit you will see this.

Unfortunately times at the moment are very different due to coming out the other side of COVID however we still have to be cautious for our guests health and our staff and we do the measures that we do to try and ensure all our guests and staff are kept as healthy as possible whilst being at the hotel.

We do look forward to seeing you again at your next visit.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 21 August 2022

We chose Nethybridge for the fantastic Highland Games (first since COVID hit). It is a small village, but it was tons of fun chatting with the locals. The hotel is historic, but well kept. The limited staff were amazing. I even left somethings behind and they shipped it back to me. I cannot wait to come back someday! I left some of my heart in that little village :)

Room tip: the 2 single beds were fine for my friend and I.

Dear Kimmi,

Thank you for your lovely review and we are delighted you enjoyed the Highland games was lovely to have it back on and has been worth the wait, thank you for your comments in regards to our staff, we have a very small but hard working team and this is evident from your comments.

We do hope you will return to visit us again, there is something about Nethybridge it does take a piece of your heart.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 11 August 2022 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights in one of the refurbished rooms. The room was comfy, clean, had a great view and new bathroom.
Yes this hotel is in need of a major refurb but starting with the rooms is a good idea. The public areas are huge and very traditional.
The food was much better than I thought it would be and they catered well for a Gluten Free diet.
I actually like some of these old hotels as long as the services are good which they were on our stay.
Have to say the staff work hard, however my only criticism is that some need more direction/customer service/training, however times are not easy in terms of getting staff etc, maybe some sort of uniform as there was a lot of mis matched clothing.
Overall enjoyed our stay, great value for money, great area and would come back, thank you!

Dear Strabrick

Thank you for your lovely review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, we made the decision to work on our rooms as this is the area that guests spend most of their time, we have a refurbishment programme in place for our lounge and this is being actioned in the next few weeks, which will be exciting to see a little change.

We are receiving great comments about our food and this will be passed onto our kitchen team and they do try and accommodate all our guests who may have dietary requirements, and im happy that you felt that we catered for your requirements.

We are trying our hardest to recruit staff however it is at times very difficult, although the team that we do have are working extremely hard in these trying times, I will speak with the staff that were on duty during your stay as our staff all wear black shirts/tops and black trousers and should not have any mismatched uniforms.

We do look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Kindest Regards