“Date of 3”

Meat Market San Juan
Ranked #66 of 195 Restaurants in Carolina
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Wonderful experience, food was top notch and service was on point.

NY Strip full portion was enough for both my wife and me, the outter crust is cover with salt and pepper to perfection.

Mac&chesse is strongly advice, for appetizer we got an array of oysters and the daily ceviche, you just cannt go wrong with that selection.

Service was truly special, everybody was super attentive to the demands of our 2 year old.

Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

While staying at the Water Beach Club located just down the street from the El San Juan Resort, my husband and I had planned to eat at the El San Juan's sushi restaurant, Yamato, a fav place to eat, however when we walked in we were surprised to see almost the entire main floor of the hotel closed and under construction. The only place open was the Meat Market restaurant. We checked out their displayed menu, which didn't show entree prices, but we still thought it would be new and fun. It was mid-week around 6pm and we we were led to a nice table where two waiters were waiting to greet us. Not knowing anything about this restaurant we loved the special attention we received. First we were asked if we wanted flat, sparkling or bottled water and when it was poured for us, the "drips" on the glass were wiped clean. Wow. We felt so special here. The rest of the evening was more of this excellent service. I started with a grilled artichoke before my entree, which was excellent, followed by the Seabass on a wild mushroom truffle mash. My husband had the half duck. The ingredients are so perfectly and delicately prepared and we really enjoyed both. The wine list is extensive and pricey and we selected a Sonoma Pinot Noir, Crossbarn, around $80/bottle and it was perfect. Although our "unplanned" evening at the Meat Market was more expensive, the quality, ambience and attention we received made it worth it. We truly loved it and will go back next time we're in PR. Enjoy.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

What a great evening. The atmosphere is Miami chic. The service is AAA+++ and the food is as good as it gets.
Go for the three steak sampler. You get a piece of the best. Filet, Kobe and NY Strip. The flavor and preparation are amazing.
Trendy, romantic and an outstanding dining experience.
It is located in the Old San Juan Hotel, itself a fun destination.

Reviewed 15 June 2016

My husband and another couple ate there this week while staying at the El San Juan Hotel. This restaurant was a culinary shining star. Our meals were delicious - from the oysters we started with as an appetizer to the filet for dinner. The lobster risotto wasn't very good but the brussel sprouts were one of the best sides I've ever eaten. The atmosphere is modern and tasteful. It was a Monday night when we ate there, and it was very quiet.

1  Thank Elizabeth37
Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

The service was great and the food unforgettable. We walked up with no reservations and was able to get at table. Staff treated us like we were the only customers there. That was one year ago and now we are back, sweet!