“Perfect Weekend getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Tamborine
Woodleigh Homestead B & B
Reviewed 20 February 2014

All I wanted a perfect getaway from work for 2 good nights without being bothered by the slightest sound of any moving machine. And that I got when my wife stumbled upon a got a hard-to-resist deal over Scoopon for 2 nights at Woodleigh Homestead in North Tamborine.

One of my most memorable outings in Queensland. We were greeted warmly by the owner of the place ( I forgot his name now) with white wine and some goodies. There are just about a dozen houses within the homestead and so you won't have too many people at once!

Being just at the drop of the valley, we got a splendid view to ourselves every morning. Electric blankets kept us warm through the night. We did not have a vehicle to see the place on our own but the Tamborine Trolley service offered to pick us up from here and drop back.

I will want to visit again if I spot a good deal.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank iyersudh

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Gorgeous place and so quiet and peaceful. We invited 2 couples from Gosford to join us for a weekend and were blown away by the view, serenity and the comfort. Owner is very personable and helpful and suggested places to eat etc. We even dined at Georges Paragon and he and his wife were there and came over to our table for a chat.
Plenty of brekkie provisions were provided also for both mornings.
Our four friends were very happy with the accommodation and it was great showing off part of our wonderful state to our NSW friends.
I was very happy with the place and would recommend it again and again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Quiet, Clean and spacious accommodation. The scenery is beautiful, the beds are comfortable and to our great delight, had ELECTRIC blankets on the beds. This thoughtful addition was very much appreciated as the night we arrived was very cold (for us).
My elderly mother was kept warm and comfortable at night.
We have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending this beautiful retreat to anyone looking for peace and quite in beautiful surroundings. We intend to stay here again in the near future.
PS the bacon and eggs brekky was nice too!!

Room Tip: We had a room at the front of the property which, having a 91 YO mother, was very convenient to the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I have not idea what the others have been smoking, but here is a truthful rendition of staying at Woodleigh. We arrived at 2pm and were given one of the far cabins along the tree line. Worth noting that 2 cabins are stacked next to each other, with one below. And farther along another large cabin has another cabin below.The walls are thin and we had to report a thumping to the manager when we arrived in our bedroom. Turns out the fan below was misaligned and was making a racket, which he turned off, then discussed reporting to his maintenance guy. The place is very shabby. The spa jets did not work and it became a giant bath. The taps are rusty, there are cracks in the window shades and the towel stand is peeling. The windows were dirty, the curtains are dusty and the place smelt of mildew when we arrived, which took an hour to clear. It has a certain country charm, but the wooden furniture was so tired and worn with scratches it felt like you were staying a mates rustic cabin, surrounded by the second hand stuff he got off ebay.The city view can be achieved, by walking to the edge of the garden and looking to your left while standing about 1/2 acre away from the cabins. There is a small viewing platform for you to stand on. Otherwise the vista is of the garden enormous garden and nearby mountains. Why did the owner crammed the cabins together and left all that open space, because it was cheaper. And that cheapness shows up again and again.
The bacon, eggs and toast for breakfast were great, but if your idea of a B&B does not involve you cooking breakfast, or doing the cleaning up (lest pay the $25 fee), then reconsider. The owner was friendly and genuine, however the swimming pool when I tried it was filthy with debris and when I left, prompted him to start cleaning it. Worst still at 12.45am I had to rudely go down and ask the people below to turn their fan back off as they had come home and it switched back on. So embarrassing, but we could not sleep with thump thump thump.
He says the place is almost constantly booked solid. Based on the glowing reports I have read I was enthusiastic too, but at $200 per night we felt the place was over priced, run down, worn out and they are coasting on their name. There are no late check outs (10am you go), and when asked what time he would like us to leave, he joked "7am would be great!". Which made one feel so welcome. They do not help with the bags and there are stairs. Even at the reduced $160 I would prefer to stay at home, it's quieter.
Finally he asked that we leave the key in the door, and go without giving any notice. KISS he advised us, great for him but also means that the customer has no chance to give feedback of their stay. So he stays oblivious, and even then I suspect he would respond very personally.
It's your money, it's for you to decide who is telling you the truth and who has been drinking the coolaid and smoking some great weed. Thanks for reading.

Room Tip: Try not to get cabin 5,6 or any of the lower cabins, the walls are thin.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank persianas
Reviewed 19 March 2013

My partner and I had a weekend away here. It was so quiet and peaceful with beautiful views. The bed has to be hands down the most comfortable bed we have EVER slept in whilst away on holiday. I would recommend this retreat for a no fuss easy, relaxing place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple