“Tiny gem”
Review of Kanji

Kanji
Ranked #63 of 164 Restaurants in Glen Waverley
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Just upstairs from the newer often crowded street level restaurant Waya.

It is tiny and cosy. The food is quite good and often you can just walk in. Nice selection at affordable prices.

1  Thank PhoebeNJ

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Popped in with no booking, not the nicest place that I'm use to BUT the food was awesome I had sushi, you order on a bit of paper and give it to the waitress, staff nice all good will definitely go back, thanks guys

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

We have gone here on a number of occasions and enjoy both the food and service. It's a quite restaurant with a 'quaint' atmosphere. It's very relaxing and quiet.

The food is good, we order sushi selection and a Japanese vegetarian 'stew' which was outstanding. My friend also got a seafood noodle dish and was equally impressed.

Highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 31 July 2016

My partner bought a Groupon for the 8 course meal. We went yesterday for a late lunch for my birthday. Five courses came out pretty much together, that's ok, we finished these and then sat for about 45 minutes finishing the bottle of wine we had purchased.
Nothing else appeared so I thought the sushi and sashimi platter must have been multiple courses. Went to pay for the wine and the waitress said did we want our ice cream which was included. This was after sitting there for such a long time. Today I decided to look at what should have been included only to find we totally missed a further two courses, steak and rice. This is just not acceptable. We should have queried the staff but as it was my birthday didn't feel like making a fuss. Won't go there again.

1  Thank Dees4Ever
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Tried the groupon 8 course meal & booked ahead to experience the Japanese style table. I was disappointed as they missed this special request. Sushi & sashimi are good and the steak & miso soup are great. Salmon entree to dry and the green tea ice cream was a disappointment.

1  Thank stabios