“Nicest place in Gokarna”
Review of Namaste Yoga Farm

and 1 more site!
Namaste Yoga Farm
Reviewed 11 February 2017

A fantastic garden welcomes you in Namaste Yoga Farm, rooms and cottages are charming and very clean, breakfast is wonderful in romantic atmosphere. But best are the owners who welcome you with lot of charme and kindness ! The place is quiet and peaceful, if you chon Yoga or not, you can find peace and well being there. Just try.

Room Tip: Rooms have more view, cottages are more in the middle of the garden
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 February 2017

Namaste Yoga Farm has hosted our group for many years now, and we are always taken care of very well here. The atmosphere is amazing and the people are accommodating. We will be back again next year and look forward to our stay!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 4 February 2017

I had a really nice stay at namaste yoga farm!!!! I enjoyed the yoga twice a day which is offered for free. people were nice and friendly, room was clean and really comfortable! enjoyed it!! I will definitely come back!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

I wanted to really like Namaste Yoga Farm as there are plenty of positives about the place - the communal area is lovely, the breakfast is amazing and the service by the Luisa and the Spanish girl who served breakfast is second to none.

The yoga is ok, the yoga deck is a lovely place to practice, however I wasn't overly impressed by the teacher - that's just my personal opinion though, but I do practice regularly (4-5 times a week) with many different teachers and this was one of the weakest teachers I've ever had.

However, the thing that really lets Namaste Yoga Farm down is the overpriced rooms. I've stayed in accommodation all over Asia and this was one of the most expensive I've stayed in, yet the cottages are basic, tired and shabby.

The owner tries to justify the high prices with statements like they pay the staff a proper wage, however if they're going to charge a premium price, then it should be reflected in the rooms as otherwise the whole place just feels a bit like a rip-off.

A shame as the place could have so much potential, but at the moment is vastly overpriced for what are very basic rooms.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SazzleRuns
Reviewed 30 January 2017

We booked this place for a short, 5 night stay in Gokarna thinking it would be amazing because of the photos and price (meaning, it is more expensive than most places so we expected it to be on the higher end). I booked the space on Dec 10th for a Dec 11th arrival.

The surrounding property is very nice, that's the benefit to this place. However, after one night, we had to leave simply because the beds are the most uncomfortable, rock hard beds we have ever experienced in India, and we are not new to India. My girlfriend and I have collectively traveled to India on more than 15 trips. We have been all over the place, and this was by far the most unbearable. Because my girlfriend has a health issue with her back, it was simply not possible to stay here.

I tried to speak with the manager, who is a German man, but he was not usually around. The helping staff was very friendly and told me to come back the next day. It took me two days until I could actually find this man and speak with him. After explaining to him the health issue, he tried to argue all kinds of reasons why these beds are amazing (even though they are really just uncomfortable). Eventually, he agreed to refund me a little bit less than half of our reservation price (200 euros on a 426 euro price for 5 nights). In my opinion, he should've given me all of our money back. It's not like we booked the hotel months in advance. We booked it ONE DAY before arriving. He didn't lose any business because of us, and we were incapable of sleeping there. He looked me in the eye and said he would refund me on Paypal that day. That never happened.

After a couple days he emailed me some BS excuse that paypal's site wasn't working. A month goes by and he ignores 4 of my emails inquiring about the refund, then finally responds by saying that he "talked to his team" and decided not give us a refund, while subtly threatening that he would insult my girlfriend if I leave a negative review. Then he blocked my email address so I couldn't respond. It's pretty funny, because this place parades itself as some kind of spiritual haven, but it reeks of hippy drug energy and dishonesty under the disguise of "spirituality". They forget that yoga and dharma is about honesty and virtue. Bottom line, he lied to my face.

All in all, as an honest review--this place is incredibly overpriced. Save yourself the backache and go to Hotel Sanjeevini, which is on the SAME beautiful property and costs half the price. The rooms were significantly bigger with a better layout (the interior design at Namaste is awkward and cramped), the showers have hot water (No hot water at Namaste), the staff was friendly, the food was better, and even the beach view was better. I'm not a fake reviewer just trying to bring business to Sanjeevini, this is what really happened. We walked 40 steps to hotel Sanjeevini and had a much, much better experience there for half the price. Really don't like to have to leave such a negative review, but they earned it.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple