“Great Food & Service”

Yakiniku Abashiri Beer Kan
Ranked #1 of 227 Restaurants in Abashiri
Reviewed 13 May 2019 via mobile

Made a reservation through the hotel, and the service which I read in previous reviews made me a little hesitate, but to my surprise, the staff was really friendly. Ordering is easy with their iPad system which is fully automated with an English menu.
The food was great, the beef was really fresh, and the Wagyu beef is really tender and juicy. The atmosphere is nice and we had a seat which overlooked the river.
The beef tartar was really good with thin slices of fruits in the mix. Overall the food was great and service was really good, and they were Super attentive to our needs.
Will definitely be back on my next trip In Abashiri.

Date of visit: May 2019
2  Thank lesliechow88
Write a reviewReviews (100)

Reviewed 4 March 2019 via mobile

Wait 60 min and nothing happen, japanese come after me 4-5 groups and get table before me, worst. No explaining, clerk lady don't speak English but when you taste it, other thing I said is minor issue, good taste.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed 10 February 2019

After reading about the difficulty some other travelers had with seating, we got our hotel (the Dormy Inn close by) to book a table for us (Japanese hotels are happy to book for you, so use that service).
We were in a semi-private room with large windows overlooking the Abashiri river. Ordering was easy via a table with selectable language. We ordered individual portions, and tried both the Abashiri wagyu and the Shiretoko wagyu amongst other dishes, but you can also get a selection if you wish. The meat and vegetables were all good.
Prices were reasonable for food, albeit local Abashiri beers were more expensive than normal Japanese beers on tap. One of the better places we ate at in Abashiri (as many places were closed mid-week, possible because of winter).

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank PH L
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

The meat is wonderful, the beer is great, the prices are very reasonable for yakiniku, which is an expensive meal in general.

Date of visit: September 2018
2  Thank tal b
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Similar to another review the Female host on the welcome desk asked us to wait a few times without taking our name or table requirements like she was for everyone else.
After 45 minutes we left after it was clear we were being given the run around. It was also clear we were the oh foreign appearing people in the establishment, my advise would be to avoid this restaurant if you are clearly a 'gaijin'.
I've been on many visits to Japan and this is the first time I've experienced this treatment and must say the next place we went to was very friendly and offered great service just down the road.

Date of visit: September 2018