B HOTEL CAEN MONDEVILLE
US$111
US$100
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Caen Herouville Savary(Herouville-Saint-Clair)
US$79
US$77
  • Bar/Lounge
Bhotel de Caen(Mondeville)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 November 2016

Clean, good wifi and at a good price! For emergency (i.e. last minute) accommodation, this is perfect particularly for those moving on to Ouistreham and Brittany Ferries as it is 20 minutes from the port. I did enquire about late entry and although reception may be closed,they have an easy system for obtaining your key. I agree that Garmin can get you lost but the key is getting to Mondeville area on the outskirts of Caen.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
julien f, Directeur général at B HOTEL CAEN MONDEVILLE, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2016

Dear Customer We thank you for your good comment and we are glad that you were satisfied with your stay. We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again. Kind regard; Audrey

Reviewed 1 July 2015

I got to the hotel, booking.com said I could check in anytime after 3, I got there at around 9, and reception was closed. Luckily another guest had the safe code where my key was left. I had difficulty finding it and also getting into the carpark as it was coded luckily my bike fitted around the side of the barrier. When I got into the room, you walk straight into a kitchenette, which had rubbish in a bag on the floor. In the bathroom, dirty towels on the floor. The bed had been slept in and not changed, there was a double glazing door leading to...who knows, with a roller shutter on it, both were open....I ended up walking out. Booking.com changed my hotel for me a reimbursed the difference!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank abol266
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is just about the worst hotel we have ever stayed in, bare concrete walls, bed uncomfortable, bathroom disgusting. room containing shower and toilet must have only been about 8ft a 2ft. Sat Nav could not find it. Sleep in the car before stop here

Room Tip: There are none. Soundproofing useless, we could hear people talking in nest room and hear all noises from floor above
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank AlanHBlackpool_UK
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Hotel is clean, compact and seems safe. Ensure you identify its exact location on a map, because it doesn't show up on a Garmin GPS, and there is no street number. Approach road(s) signage to the street are almost impossible to cope with. Note that this hotel is in an industrial zone. Also, reception is closed most of the day, and checking in at night might be impossible. You must speak French otherwise, like us, you might get charged twice for staying the night. Even though we had an Expedia booking confirmation, we couldn't persuade the non-English speaking receptionist that the room was already paid for. Now, we have to go through a lengthy procedure to get them to mail the refund to our bank in Canada. Best to avoid this hotel unless you doublecheck first that they know you have paid, and best to make sure you are there to check in in the early evening. Reception is closed in the afternoon.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank remember_bannockburn
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We found it in an industrial estate just in time to check in as the staff, all 1 of her, leaves at 8. In the ten minutes it took (there was only 1 towel and 1 sheet in the room, but she fetched more) I saw two groups of down and outs swigging from beer cans and peering in all the cars. We had a full load from a 3 month trip and obviously needed to lug it all indoors. As we did so two more groups, these visibly drunk and still drinking waled round pretending not to watch. There is nothing at all nearby except a bar/diner for truckers, just 2 minutes walk away. Truckers food is normally good. I suggest you avoid everything except perhaps the beer. Summary: a small cheap clean quiet place to stay, but not if you worry about your car, or about the room if you drive away from it. (Our car was fine!)

Room Tip: You can face the truckers' car park which is probably noisy, or the front hotel car park where you probably don't want to leave your car if there's anything in it. Hmm, no advice here!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family