Lowest prices for your stay
US$110
Free cancellation until 16/12/21
Expedia.comUS$110
Hotels.comUS$110
Trip.comUS$165
All reviews rooftop restaurant beautiful hotel beach side private beach bandol seaside market
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 July 2018

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay with our two children - 12 and 15 yrs old. We had a superb Junior Suite with Sea view. The bed was a very large superking which was extremely comfortable. The children shared an ample sized sofa bed. Usually there are squabbles as someone has kicked someone in the night, etc etc. however this bed was the perfect size and they enjoyed very comfortable sleeps thankfully. The suite was very large and accommodated two balconies. We had two sun loungers on one balcony and a table and chair set off the other. The housekeeping was exceptional and our room was kept impeccably clean and ordered and included a turn down service too. Towels were replenished regularly as well as the toiletries etc etc. This hotel is beautifully set on the beach with stunning views across Bandol Bay and over to the Isle of Bendor. I swam in the sea everyday, the beach being easily accessed from the breakfast buffet area or round the side of the hotel. It was manned by lifeguards so it felt very safe. It's a tiny beach, but connects to a larger public beach. I loved the small beach with a lovely safe area to swim with it's beautifully clear water. It at times was busy but certainly not overcrowded and a treat to have it on the doorstep of the hotel.
I get the impression that the majority of the rooms enjoy sea views, as well as the rest of the hotel. This is a small hotel, beautifully presented with incredible attention to detail. The staff from the reception to the housekeeping were very friendly and you were always met with a smile. The bar/restaurant/breakfast staff were all jolly and very friendly and we enjoyed conversations with many of them - fortunately for us, the majority spoke excellent English as sadly my French is not up to par. The restaurant on top of the hotel enjoys the stunning views across the bay. The food is superb. We did venture out to other restaurants in the area - '464' about 100 metres away is sensational and we enjoyed meals a couple of times there. The food was incredible with a variety of daily fresh catches along with other delights. Staff again exceptional. We also walked to the restaurant 'La Plage Doree' on the way to Bandol. This was an elevated beach side restaurant which had a casual feel to it, but the food was by know means so and was amazing. I believe they have live music from time to time. We enjoyed exceptional dining here for two evenings. Staff again fantastic.
The hotel is smack bang in the middle of Sanary and Bandol and is a good 45 minute walk to each centre. But for this reason is also perfectly located having the choice of the two centres to visit. We went to the 'massive' mid week market in Sanary. I have never visited a French market as huge as this. It spans the complete front of the harbour it seems - phenomenal. Bendor Island was beautiful and enjoyed tripping around there for the day after a pleasant short ferry ride to the island taken from Bendol. There are plenty of places to eat there also and we enjoyed another fabulous lunch waterside at Soukana Plage Chez Maya and Jose, also providing an opportunity to dangle your feet in the water inbetween courses.
I enjoyed the services of the spa and had the most relaxing and immaculate pedicure with Fannie. I equally enjoyed an incredible massage with Carole (I think was her name). The spa was beautiful with it's hamman and plunge pools.
The hotel pool was great and the kids loved this especially. My one and only criticism would be that I think they should have a staff member coming around more often to offer drinks and food as I wasn't aware this was an option poolside until the middle of our stay. I just see that as missed opportunity more than a problem for us.
For lunch I would walk to the boulangerie towards Sanary about 1.5km away and bring back to eat poolside.
Would I stay here again; yes, within a heartbeat.

Date of stay: July 2018
2  Thank JennieB75
Hostellerie F, Responsable réception at Hostellerie La Farandole, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about your stay.
We are glad that you enjoyed our hotel and we hope to see you again next time you visit our region.

Best regards,

Reviewed 21 July 2018

Very beautiful Hotel with a great restaurant Panaramic and an amazing cultural program of exhibitions by Kvartira S.
Responsive staff; comfortable rooms and the most gorgeous views of the coast

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

We’ve stayed at this magnificent hotel at the seaside of Provence many times. My family and I really love and appreciate this place: polite and caring staff, stunning cuisine (bravo, chef!) and interesting art and music events every season. If you want to have the best holiday or weekend - come to the La Farandole!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank olsud
Reviewed 5 June 2018

This is a beautiful newish hotel that sits about as close to the Mediterranean as possible. Our room had a seaside view with a small patio, but as the patio was right off a shared outdoor space, it was not very private and we didn't use it much. The room was well furnished with an exceedingly comfy bed, and the bathroom was large, with plenty of counter space and one of my favorite bathroom amenities, a towel warmer. The bathroom lighting, however, was a little weak, even with a lighted magnifying mirror -- it actually made my face look a little gray, so I never was quite sure how I looked when I ventured out into the daylight -- had I overdone the blush in the gloomy light? We enjoyed the in-house petite dejeuner on the beachside patio each morning, and partook of both the rooftop lounge for drinks and the on-site restaurant for a final festive dinner, and enjoyed both. Be aware, the beach here is basic -- just a stretch of brownish sand with no chairs or umbrellas, although the hotel does provide large sand-colored beach towels.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hostellerie F, Responsable réception at Hostellerie La Farandole, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about your stay.
We are glad that you enjoyed our hotel; your feedback will help us to improve.
Unfortunately the beach is public, that is why we can't put sunbeds but we allow our guests to take our towels to the beach.

We hope to see you again next time you visit our region.

Best regards,

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Really liked this place. On arriving the hotel is an impressive modern property with some lovely old touches in the reception area. The lady on reception was very sweet. Our room wasn't ready so we took a wonder to the beach which is right at the front of the property. The beach was small, with beautiful views across to Bandol and was alive with families paddle boarding and enjoying the weather. We booked a Suite with private Jacuzzi terrace. We thought the Jacuzzi terrace would be part of the room however to get to it you need to leave your room and access a private automatic door, take the steps up and hey presto, an amazing deck with sun loungers, dining table and chairs, planters and Jacuzzi. The Jacuzzi meant we had the best views from the glass barrier surrounding the deck. The deck is overlooked by residential properties and there was no umbrella to protect you from the sun. We entered the room into the lounge area which had a comfy sofa and a little table and chairs for sitting at to enjoy the view. We then walked through a corridor which had the wardrobes, mini bar, and bathroom. We then entered the bedroom which was a good size with an arm chair and tv unit, king bed and plush furnishings and then there was only a tiny balcony just big enough to fit 2 chairs on. We stayed at this property for 2 nights and were disappointed we could not get lunch or a drink at the bar during the day. We had to ealk to the local garage for drinks and snacks. We had gone for a morning walk into Sanary and on returning the receptionist asked us if he could clean the Jacuzzi. He said it would take an hour. We were looking forward to using our private Jacuzzi and deck when we returned but we politely obliged and used the hotel swimming pool while this was done. When we returned to use our Jacuzzi it was freezing cold! We were not advised this would be the case and we were very disappointed. We asked to speak to the hotel manager and she advised they had been too busy to clean it before we had arrived. There was no huge apology or customer service coming through from our complaint. Breakfast was good, a selection of breads, cheese, salmon, eggs, yogurts, fruit etc. The staff were welcoming and happy. The evening meal at the property was very good and again the staff were welcoming and service was as you'd expect from this boutique modern hotel.

Date of stay: April 2018