Strandkind - Dein Ostseehotel(Neustadt in Holstein)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$174
US$135
Hotel Wallburg(Neustadt in Holstein)
TripAdvisor
Motel 501(Neustadt in Holstein)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Baltic Residenz(Neustadt in Holstein)
TripAdvisor
Arborea Marina Resort Neustadt(Neustadt in Holstein)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 March 2016

My future daughter in law is from Neustadt and we wanted to stay near her family when we came over at Christmas to celebrate the engagement and meet the rest of her family. The Seehotel Eichenhain was a perfect location with clean, modern rooms and we were looked after very well indeed by the charming and efficient staff. The restaurant is beautiful and food excellent.

Stayed: December 2015
Reviewed 7 August 2015

Very nice hotel 100m away from the Baltic see. Nice view.
Excellent breakfast.
Stayed for 4 nights.
Very friendly staff and good in-house restaurant as well. Bathroom could be slightly bigger, but it is fine

Stayed: July 2015
Reviewed 30 April 2015

We stayed here for just one night on a tour of Northern Germany to be by the Baltic and were not disappointed. The photos give the impression that the Hotel is in a lonely location but it isn't! There is a large block of holiday apartments next door and behind the Hotel which why the Hotel's car park is 150m away from the front door of the hotel. That said, the sea-view from the front of the hotel is marvellous and very atmospheric - exactly what we expected!

We were efficiently welcomed and easily found our large room (suite) which was very well appointed with a balcony overlooking the sea. The bed was comfortable and bathroom modern (but no shelf for anything in the shower!). The TV was fixed to the wall behind a wardrobe door which was fine for viewing from the sitting area of the room, but not from the bed. Wi-Fi was adequate with slightly old-fashioned infrastructure that needs updating.

After a stroll in the brisk spring weather on the seafront, we enjoyed an excellent meal in the very comfortable dining room in the evening and must remark that the breakfast was outstanding - one of the best I've had in a hotel for a long time. Not unsurprisingly a Baltic fishy feel to it but everything else that you could imagine as well - and of a very high standard.

I suspect that this hotel and its immediate environs are very crowded in summer months, but we thoroughly enjoyed an out-of-season Baltic experience!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rick S
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I arrived at the hotel around 8.30 pm and it was pretty dark. The hotel was a typical German hideout with spa and wellness and being a bit out of season I expected there to be loads of elderly German wellness seekers and my expectations were soon to be met. I had some issues finding a parking space near the hotel and I therefore went to the reception and received some help; their parking was located 150 meters from the hotel.

At the reception they were extremely friendly, and they found my booking quite fast. They sent a bellboy along with me to show me the room, which I was quite happy about because the path to my room was not the easiest even though it was located on the ground floor. My room was really nice and colored in bright colors, which is something I really like. The bathroom was really nice and quite large.

The room had a nice double bed, not the most comfortable but nice with a very colorful headboard. The room was in general colorful with yellow walls, blue chairs and red pillows. The room had a good relaxing feel to it, and there were some nice bathrobes and slippers on the bed as well as I entered. The room was facing the water and there was a small terrace in front of the room with two sun-chairs.

Their restaurant was quite large and it looked really pleasant, actually like a real restaurant and not just a hotel diner. I was offered a two-person table in the middle of the room; the table was nice and square, made of dark wood with a nice table decoration. I quickly decided for a salmon tartar as a starter and a sirloin steak as a main course. My food was really nice; the salmon tartar was served with a nice salad, with sweetened balsamic dressing. The steak was fabulous and you could cut it by just looking at it; it was served on a bed of spinach and potatoes. The meal was tasteful and plentiful; I really enjoyed it.

The next morning I joined the restaurant in order to have some breakfast but having the great meal from the day before in mind I was quite disappointed about the quality of it. If I had not eaten there the day before I might have looked more positively at the breakfast, but the breakfast was inclusive the price of the room. The parking was free and the Wi-Fi as well and it worked quite well.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Chokk
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We stopped here for two days on our way back from Sweden. Wanted to spend some time by the beach of the Baltic Sea. The hotel reminded us of those you see on the shores of Maine. Each room had its' own balcony with two chairs and a table facing the sea. Staff spoke enough english, with some knowing more that others (all knowing more english than my knowledge of German!)

The building was a bit older but well taken care of and the room was clean, had a frig and the bed was comfortable. The high-rise next door was out of place in this otherwise beautiful place. Bathroom was large, with a shower typically seen in Germany (about four foot square stall). The restaraunt was superb; the lamb, perch and rasberry desert were all prepared perfectly. WIne selection wasn't bad, with pricing a bit high; a bottle of Riesling went for about 36 Euro (about $47) (although restaraunts in Vegas charge about 3 to 4 times the cost you find in the liquor store, too).

Only complaint would be the price, but we got what we paid for!

Room Tip: Chose a room on the second or third floor to view the Baltic sea. Ground floor rooms have a nice view of the park-like grounds, but you may not see the water over the bushes.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple