All reviews la cinta beach minute walk the hotel offers lovely pool pool area is town centre spotlessly clean and the staff are no fault of the hotel busy beach reception staff free shuttle pool towels wine glasses lots of space spoilt for choice lovely hotel just returned from a week
Reviewed 21 June 2017

We had two nights in this hotel as part of an island tour.

Firstly, it is actually hard to find, as the address is not Via Naviglia and their signs from the main road are confusing.

Lovely pool, but the umbrellas were unmoveable, so shade in the afternoon was a problem.

Rooms were spartan to say the least. The "wardrobe" was a curtain, just a desk and one chair. If you only want to sleep, probably OK. AC worked fine.

However, the hotel is near a river....and as others have mentioned, had a mosquito problem. Our room (701) did mot have a proper entrance door - we had to go in and out of the terrace door. I could see the mozzies outside, waiting to get in. As someone else mentioned, I would invest in mosquito nets for the windows and also for the terrace doors. Due to my dread of being bitten during the night (I ended up buying a mozzie killer for the socket), I did not sleep well.

Everywhere you went, you got bitten. So no wonder the bar is empty. I also did not bother with the pool for the same reason the second day. Plus the shade problem.

The hotel does not allow food and drink from outside.....but has no restaurant for an evening meal! You are not allowed to store your own food in the half empty mini bar fridge in case the cooling load is strained. Give me a break. My 500ml of water isn't going to overload the fridge.

Drinks at the bar were weak, breakfast tasteless (especially the rolls). At least there was more fresh fruit than I expected (having read a previous comment).

Wifi totally useless. Everywhere.

At least the staff were friendly.

I will not be back.

Room Tip: As far away from the river as possible to avoid mosquitos
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank dancer62
Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed in one of the apartments and loved it. Very spacious with a nice balcony as well. No they don't clean it every day but I wouldn't expect them to do that with an apartment anyway. Yes you will be asked for a deposit upfront but if you read the info they send you before your stay everything is clearly highlighted there is a supermarket about a 10 min walk away where you can stock up on essentials.
Lovely pool and bar in the hotel, the staff are great (Giardino who works behind the bar was an absolute star!). The restaurant isn't open in the evening but not an issue as there are plenty of places within walking distance. A free shuttle service runs from the hotel to La Cinta beach (last bus back from the beach is 6.30pm, despite what previous reviewers have said). Depending on how much time you want to spend at the beach it may be more cost effective to buy sunbeds and a cheap parasol (sunbeds were €15 per pair, per day in Sept). La Cinta can get very windy though but the sea is so clear, great for swimming.
San Teodoro is a lovely town suitable for families and couples with plenty of places to eat, fabulous ice cream parlours (missing my daily Nucciola cone!) and a great street market with a variety of stalls.
Sardinia is such a beautiful island and the people are so hospitable. I would definitely return to Hotel Terra Di Mare and would highly recommend it to anyone looking to stay in the area.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2016

My partner and I stayed at Hotel Terradimare for a week in September. It was lovely and quiet, just what we were looking for. The food and drink was reasonably priced and very tasty! Most nights we went to town that is only a 5-10 minute walk, and only 30 minute to the picturesque beach of La Cinta. I would reccomend doing a boat tour off of La Cinta, they're very cheap and we're definatley the highlight of the holiday for me! The spa at the resort was amazing. The hotel room was a nice size, we had some problems with the air-con but other than that it was lovely.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelswithkelly
Reviewed 17 September 2016

Room small and basic with cheap looking fixtures and fittings.
No views of anything in particular unless you had a room facing the smallish pool.
10 min walk into town and regular shuttle bus to beach made it reasonably well located.
Staff were helpful and pleasant and breakfast was fine.
Wi fi connection poor unless in the centre of this small complex.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Niall H
Reviewed 13 September 2016

This is a very nice and clean hotel that is attractive at first glance and is a respectable place to stay. It is quiet and peaceful with very helpful staff. Whilst the hotel is difficult to locate at first, it is well located being close to the town, key highways and near a well-priced supermarket being Euro Spin. We had one of the apartments with kitchenette facilities for 10 nights. However, I agree with the comments/suggestions made by other quests, whereby I feel the management need to take these comments on-board to make their guest feel like they are staying in a 4* establishment and remember that they are in the hospitality business providing a service to guests who are staying there on vacation. These include, apartments are only cleaned once during a stay, so are beach towels which is quite poor, only one toilet roll per stay, kitchenettes do not have ovens so are very basic, it would be good to have washing up liquid etc, they have pots with no lids, no wine glasses, mosquito nets would help and access to any SPA facilities are at a premium price. The hotel is quite dead in terms of not many people having a drink by the pool being reflective of the prices, breakfast is also expensive if you choose to have it. I guess most quest go into town in the evenings which is a nice lively experience. The swimming pool is not the best for kids as the shallow end is deep, and the pool has a big step down into the deep end rather than a gradual slope. One previous reviewer has made a comment and uploaded photos of the rotten kids playground equipment which has a rusty screw sticking out of it, this is still there and is potentially dangerous. Please can the hotel staff rectify this as soon as possible. However, whilst these comments appear negative, it is more aimed at the hotel to make some small improvements to make this place a substantially good place to stay. Overall we were not disappointed with our stay, but identified some key areas for improvement in comparison with other places which we have stayed therefore don’t hesitate to book.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family