“Excellent ”

Meta Bike Cafe - Bike Day Hire
More attraction details
Owner description: Meta Bike Cafe is your one stop shop for all things bike. We offer professional quality hire bikes, Cafe, Cake & live cycling on large screen TV. We've an expert Road & Mtb guiding service The Costa Blanca's largest fleet of full carbon Road, Mtb & City, Hire bikes. Offer accommodation packages. Day hire & guided ride service. Pre planned route maps. Mechanical service & repair. Plus the very best local advise you can get for your cycling holiday
Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

We had a week long stay and hired bikes for five days. Terry was very helpful even uploaded gpx files to my garmin for a route up to tarbina. Which I might add was brilliant. Would highly recommend bike hire from hear. The bikes were full carbon RIdley fenix with a nice 32 sprocket for the climb.

1  Thank Charles W

Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

I hired a mountain bike from the Meta Bike Cafe and was, as usual impressed with the great condition of the bike and very reasonable price. Terry and his staff are very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I have hired Road Bikes in the past and have been equally impressed. The Benidorm area just seems to be getting more and more bike friendly. There are miles and miles of fantastic designated bike paths which would suit even the most inexperienced rider. There are a host of fantastic off road trails and caminos at low level and high in the mountains which would test any Mountain Bike rider's skill and stamina. The roads are relatively quiet even near the towns and when you ride into the mountains you see very few cars (but quite a few keen cyclists) I would urge any bike rider to try this area for it's great weather and multitude of routes and challenges. I have checked other hire shops in the area and The Meta Bike Cafe is more than competitive with (in my opinion) by far the best selection of bikes.
I can't wait to get back!

Terence K, Owner at Meta Bike Cafe - Bike Day Hire, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2017

Hi Many thanks for your review,, its really encouraging for us to read your positive remarks. hope to see you again soon Kind regards
Terry

Reviewed 4 December 2016

My wife and I recently rented two great carbon bikes from Terry at Meta Bike Cafe. The service was first class and Terry made us feel very welcome , giving us excellent advice regading routes etc.
Thank you very much for a most enjoyable couple of days.

Reviewed 8 November 2016

Decent bikes with ultegra groupsets and 34/32 lowest gear which came in handy when the terrain got really steep or the legs were empty.

Good bunch of people in the store. Although as a matter of courtesy I advise you get any business done well before 1330 when they close for siesta as you are keeping another cyclist from his/her bike time (think how you'd feel :) )

We had one mechanical (piece of glass when straight through the rear tyre) but Daniel at Meta gave us a new wheel and we were on our way again after 5 minutes.

All in all, good bikes, good service and good people. We used Meta on a recommendation as we usually take our own bikes abroad. Would definitely recommend and would definitely use Meta again

Terence K, Owner at Meta Bike Cafe - Bike Day Hire, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2016

Hello Jonathan Many thanks for your review and good to hear you were happy with our bikes and service. re siesta times: During busier periods ie Spring months and the summertime we are open all day btn 0900 - 1900. Closing for lunch btn 1330 -1630 hrs through the Autumn. All the best and hope to see you again soon . Terry

Reviewed 25 October 2016

Quality machinery and knowledgeable guys . Good to join the shop rides just to get to know the area and the coffee stops a bit . Short spin and you are on climbs used in La Vuelta . All being well will be back next year .