Lowest prices for your stay
US$47
Free cancellation until 24/01/22
Hotels.comUS$47
TravelocityUS$47
CheapTicketsUS$47
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 April 2021

The staff were very nice and friendly and welcomed us and our 2 dogs. We brought dinner back to the room (because... Corona), and they gave us plates and cutlery to use.

The room was clean and the mattresses were comfortable, except that the bed is 2 twins pushed together and they don't actually stay together. Every time I rolled over I felt like I was either going to fall between the beds, or flip off the other side (depending on which way I rolled). That doesn't lead to a very restful night's sleep.

The bathroom was awful. So dated. The tub (which I paid extra for to get the jetted tub) had red stains in it (what?!?!). The mirror was showing definite signs of age around the edges. The tile and grout were... just gross.

Breakfast was okay. At least we got to choose what we wanted from a buffet, and not just a pre-filled brown bag breakfast. The croissants were warm and fresh, and the bacon was actually crispy.

The location is good, only a quick walk into Den Burg which is right in the middle of the island. It's also easy to find, or at least it will be when the road works are completed. Parking for hotel guests is free (parking is paid everywhere else on the island).

I honestly expected better for €60+ per person per night. Total paid was €157 due to €10 per dog per night and a €2.50 per person tax. I also chose this Fletcher over the other one on the island because the pictures looked better/less dated. The doors opened with actual keys, not key cards. Finally, there were only 6 channels on the TV.

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel. It's not the worst hotel I've ever stayed at, but certainly no where near the best. Even for the price. But, it is way overdue for a major overhaul. I've never stayed at a Fletcher Hotel, but if this is what they allow for their franchises, I certainly never will again.

Room tip: Just don't.
Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 16 August 2020 via mobile

We paid €312 for 2 nights and was in a room with a shared shower and toilet. The room was small and VERY basic. Everything looked old and damaged and there was a horrible smell as well. This is WAY too expensive for what you get. I would expect to pay €50 a night for a room like we had.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

This was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in and am guessing from the reviews on here that people stay because there is a lack of options . Room was claustrophobic , bathroom could hardly be described as such . Very few facilities . Bar was barely stocked . So over priced , would not recommend anyone spend their hard earned money at this hotel . The chain should be embarrassed at trying to pass this off as a hotel ! I don’t even want to give it one star

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2018

We are very frequent travelers and this was without a doubt one of the worst hotel experiences we have had in years.

We paid a super high rate as we were traveling to Texel over NYE and only booked the hotel because it was pretty much the only room left in Den Burg over the holiday. From the reviews and experiences of other people we know that stayed here, we had very low expectations, but the experience was even worse.

I booked online (and prepaid!) weeks before our stay and got a call from the hotel to say that they had overbooked and had no room available on our first night,which was subsequently solved and we got confirmation in writing that the room was now booked and available.

When we arrived (after traveling all the way from Austria that day), the room wasn't booked (surprise, surprise) and there was literally no room available anywhere on the island. The gentleman at the reception (who was the chef) went out of his way to find us a place to stay and got us a room at a friend's house who had a guest room for rentl. We were very grateful as there was literally nowhere else to stay and the room turned out to be really comfortable and nice and the host was super friendly. Naturally, we were frustrated about the situation but that was nothing compared to the experience at the actual hotel the next night.

The follwing afternoon, after having to pack again and driving around with our suitcases in the car, we checked into the hotel where the room was now available. The room was super basic, outdated and smelled of fresh paint (why paint a room on New Year"s Eve??) but at least we had a place to stay.

We assumed that we would not have to pay for this disaster, but not only did we have to pay for the alternative accommodation on the first night, they offered us a voucher as compensation to come and stay again?!

Needless to say, we will never stay here, or in any other Fletcher hotel, again.

Room tip: Beware of the rooms without private bathrooms!
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

The staff/receptionist is a very unpleasant person and is showing that in not xy picky about hotels, specialy now when I'm travelling with my little son and wife.

I'm really surprised why the Hotel management doesn't give any feedback on the negative reviews.
Also I'm surprised that the staff doesn't do anything to better the situation.

Date of stay: July 2017