2 people are viewing this hotel
Booking.comUS$85
PricelineUS$85
ZenHotels.comUS$90
2,515 results
All reviews double tree an early flight terminal building car park next morning excellent hotel good nights sleep reception staff would stay again lovely room comfy bed stayed for one night city centre newcastle metro aircraft
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 November 2021

I visited in July when we were still exiting lockdown and visited again today. The difference was significant and I have to say that I could not fault anything - the welcome at reception, the cleanliness, ambience and facilities in the room, the breakfast and the check out process. I can’t recommend this hotel highly enough for anyone needing a short stay near to the airport. It was also really good value and well worth the rack rate.

Trip type: Travelled on business
John Scott, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2021

Dear Guest

It gives me great pleasure to read and to communicate such encouraging words about your overall stay at the Hotel.

I am so pleased that you found everything to be First Class.

Look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Thank you again.

Kind regards

John Scott

Reviewed 20 November 2021

The convenience of this hotel on the airport with walking access to the terminal building.
Very good standards lovely room cleanliness was exceptional.
I was given a warm yummy cookie what a treat when I checked in.
This hotel is such good value and so convenient I will always choose this hotel.
I had a week of sunshine in Cyprus and I feel invigorated.
Travel broadens the mind and I intend to travel again next year and I will choose this hotel as the standards are very good

Dear Wendy

Thank you for your positive feedback in regards to your overall experience at the Hotel.

I will certainly communicate your positive words to my Team.

Hope you had a lovely time in Cyprus.

Thank you again.

Kind regards

John Scott

Reviewed 18 November 2021

I had a morning flight on Friday, October 8th so decided to stay at the Doubletree by HIlton Newcastle Uk. I stayed one night and had paid by debit card prior to my stay via Expedia. The greeting was ok and they gave me a cookie. Room was fine. However, when I got home there were charges on my credit card I didn’t recognize. I wrote to the GM of the hotel but haven't heard back. My credit card is investigating.. I would not stay there again.

Date of stay: October 2021
Reviewed 18 November 2021

We stayed for one night while traveling across the UK by car. I am an Honours member and spend over 100 nights a year in hotels.

The previous night I stayed in a 2 star country inn in Scotland and they outperformed this hotel 10000 times over. The staff from start to finish wish they were anywhere but in front of the customer. I was tutted at, ignored, grunted at and treated like an absolute nuisance from the moment I set foot in the door.

I could not check in via my Hilton app, at the desk I was not greeted with any welcome, when the receptionist finished her chat with her colleague she asked my name, then could not find my booking after I explained I had tried to check in on the app, after a few minutes she checked in house and said ''your already checked in, why didn't you tell me that'' she tutted, made my keys and just put my keys on the counter with a stack of cookies and returned to her chat, I had to interrupt her to ask where my room was, she glared at me, pointed to the corridor behind me ''its over there, you can follow the signs''

Restaurant was empty (4 tables) in the evening at 7pm but still we were sent to the bar, where it was a sport to get the bar tenders attention to order anything as he was being distracted by another bar tender who's only mission was to gossip and pretend to clean for hours on end, in two hours that we sat at the bar for dinner and drinks she did not serve one customer, we were quite bemused by her talent at doing nothing, other guests just left and went to the premier inn due to the service. At dinner and breakfast we cleared our own plates/tables, brought dirty plates to the staff at the bar counter or who were either hiding in corners by the hotplate chatting and avoiding guests in general as the staff refused to clean anything. My favourite example was when I asked for a pot of tea and a pot of coffee for breakfast and got two pots of coffee. I brought the pot over to the waitress who was hiding by the hotplate and asked her for the tea. She grabbed the pot by the side, burned herself, scowled at me and then delivered the tea (in the same coffee pot) with a slam on our table nearly spilling it on our 5 year old. Multiple guests complained about tea in coffee pots, shoulder shrugs the answer provided. Only one woman was doing circles of the restaurant and let guests wait up to 10 minutes at the entrance before being admitted in. The words ''sorry for the wait'' non existent, in fact this was by far the rudest and most abrupt staff we have encountered in years.

The bar was closed at 11pm sharp with an abrupt, ''we are done, you have to leave'' after I was told there was no more Jack Daniels an hour before and thats that. (I had 2 drinks jfyi)

Watch out for the kids pasta as its actually super hot ariabiatta pasta sauce that knocked our kids for six and if your worried about covid contamination you'll enjoy the tight squeeze open breakfast buffet with zero precautions or controls.

Two bath towels were provided for a room of 4 pax. Phone to housekeeping rang out twice, phone to reception rang out once, got through on second try. Again frosty reception girl "Fine we will send more".

To top our stay off, check out was the best, my 7 year old daughter ran up excitedly to the desk to handover the keys. The front office manager continued her chat with her colleague and ignored us for a good 5 minutes, then irritated by me standing there, looked at me and said ''thats fine'', I asked for my invoice, she barked ''one moment'' and finished her chat and then printed my invoice. At no point did she ask how my stay was (a common trait in this hotel) and then left the invoice on the desk. When I asked for my parking ticket back she a la Basil Faulty banged it on the reception counter with a ''there you go''.

The only thing this hotel has going for it is its bedrooms, they are Doubletree standard albeit rough around the edges from airport wear and tear. One thing that is for sure is the Hilton brand standards do not exist here AT ALL, I did not see any duty manager and the senior staff in charge were not in the slightest bit interested in the guest so I saw no point in complaining as I cant imagine what the reaction would have been. I dearly hope a secret shopper is sent in as this is a dark dark mark on the brand and I would recommend anyone to pick ANYWHERE but this hotel to spend 200gbp a night simply because this is the least hospitable hotel I have ever stayed at. Go across the street to the Premier Inn is my advice..

Room tip: Dont bother
Date of stay: October 2021
3  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed 14 November 2021 via mobile

A quality hotel ideal for a pre flight stopover at Newcastle Airport. Cheaper alternatives are available but the quality of this hotel, the beautiful deluxe room we booked, the dining experience and the convenient location was the perfect build up to a long haul flight to America. Great experience and worth every penny.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple