Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows(Lone Tree)(Great Value!)
US$170
Courtyard
US$119
Residence Inn
US$227
All reviewsfull kitchenpark meadowshappy houregg whitesrain showerstudio roomsized fridgedvd playerrooms are modernfree breakfastoatmealthe hotel is cleannice breakfastgreat roombusiness travelnice stayextended stay
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Starwood Platinum.

When I set the reservation, I very clearly stated that my flight wouldn't get in until 1 am. When I showed up at the hotel shortly thereafter, the night clerk informed me that their system was inaccessible for 45 minutes because they were doing the night audit, and didn't think anyone else was coming for the evening. Not great to hear late at night when you're exhausted.

After he was able to get back into the system, he informed me that they had cancelled my reservation as a no-show, even though I explicitly said I'd be arriving late. Ultimately, they ended up having to book me as a walk-in, but couldn't tell me what my nightly rate was, especially not in comparison to what I had reserved.

As mentioned above, Platinum, so was expecting water bottles in the room. None. My reservation preferences very clearly state I want to be away from elevators. I'm right across from one. The 500 welcome points haven't materialized.

I went down the following day to try to sort things out. Twice. The first time, there wasn't anybody at the counter to help me. When I went back, they said the night auditor would have to figure out my rate and all the other problems. The night auditor, in turn, stated the day shift would have to figure it out. I'm day 3 into my stay right now (checking out tomorrow), and I still have no earthly idea what I'm even paying for the room. I also don't know if they've even got me keyed in for a late checkout tomorrow. I'd ask, but the counter was empty when I last walked by.

Beyond that, the walls are very thin, so you hear everything you neighbours say or do. The breakfasts have a healthy bent to them (which I appreciate on some level), but the options are very limited and they use incredibly divisive ingredients (kale? Seriously?) with no real room for substitutions. The room says something about a nightly mixer, but I'm yet to see it, so I doubt it's a common occurrence. About half the channels don't receive signal on the TV a good portion of the time, and I can't use the open wifi because I found a security hole in it.

Worst part: The blinds don't block the sun. At all. So you wake up when the light comes up.

I'm giving it a second dot because the bed is comfortable as long as it's dark outside, and the kitchenette has proven useful. I try not to split my stays between brands, but my experience here thus far has been thoroughly negative enough that I'm likely going to have to move over to the Hyatt brand going forward for my Denver trips, as Starwood doesn't seem to have a hotel that can meet my needs in the area.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Brian B, General Manager at Element Denver Park Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Element Denver Park Meadows and providing your honest feedback. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent these issues from occurring in the future.

As a environmentally conscience brand, we do not put plastic water bottles in rooms. Instead, we have a filtered water system in every room. As a Platinum member, I am sure you know that your points will be awarded a few days after check out and you automatically receive a 4pm checkout.

The Element brand is also health conscience and includes a Chobani Yogurt cart, a rotating selection of freshly made breakfast menu items, as well as a wide variety of other breakfast options. Also, on Monday through Thursday, between 5:30 pm and 7:00 pm, we offer beer, wine, artisan breads and gourmet olives and cheese.

Finally, we are in the process of upgrading both our tv selections and Internet speeds for a better experience.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Lone Tree.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

I stayed for 3 days on business. The location is great for the south side of Denver, right off the freeway and with plenty of nearby restaurants and other services. The rooms are large and well set out. My room had a full kitchen, including full size refrigerator, which was about the only downside of the stay as it was a bit noisy. The highlight was the included breakfasts... these are better than most and having the breakfast tacos, made on the spot in front of you be exceptionally friendly and helpful staff is great. Felt very comfortable in the shared areas and it's very clean and open. Lots of outdoor areas to hang out and a well kitted out gym and pool. When I'm back in the area I'll definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Brian B, General Manager at Element Denver Park Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

We are delighted to have been your chosen hotel during your recent stay in Lone Tree. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

We appreciate your business and value your honest feedback. Your comments have been shared with the hotel team as a critical way of understanding how we can continue to deliver exceptional service to guests like you.

Thank you for staying at the Element Denver Park Meadows and we hope you choose to create more memories with

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Pros:
1.) Rooms were large, clean, and well equipped. The 1 bedroom suite had a kitchen with sufficient cookware to make a meal if you wanted to and full sets of everything. This is a nice feature for traveling families who are looking to cook while on the road.
2.) Hotel was relatively new and room was very clean.
3.) Workout facility was huge! It was unlike any other that I've ever seen at a property at this price point and of this size.
4.) Property recognized my SPG Gold status and gave a room upgrade. This was appreciated.
5.) Breakfast was well stocked and had lots of options, including made to order french toast, multiple types of muffins and pastries, and a yogurt bar.

Cons:
1.) Location isn't great. Took me awhile once I got off the highway to get here. Not a dealbreaker, but you shouldn't expect to be able to get off the highway and be here.
2.) The shades didn't cover the window completely in my room, and as a result, I had a large amount of light shining into my room all night as I was in a room near the fluorescent sign on the outside of the building. I'd recommend adding a bit more of a shade for the rooms that are near the lights.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from outside lights.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Brian B, General Manager at Element Denver Park Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

truly a pleasure to serve you.

to guests like you.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

What makes a property really great are the staff that are working various positions in the hotel. Malika & Jeremy at the Front Desk are so helpful and friendly. Amada, Mercedez & Ray handling the food and beverage service are wonderful.

Room Tip: Rooms have large windows, but 4th floor facing the mountains gives you the best views.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

truly a pleasure to serve you.

to guests like you.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

I travel approximately 320 days a year, I have always chosen a different hotel brand, but decided that I would give this Westin/SPG/Marriott property a chance. Being directly next to my business location it also met my distance requirements.
The check-in process was great, the staff went out of their way to accommodate my requests and even went as far as to show me the two different styles of rooms I was debating.

My first issue with the hotel was the overall cleanliness of the room itself, while it was obvious it had been cleaned, it was obvious that it was a basic cleaning. The ledge underneath the counter which was very visible pretty much anywhere in the room had not been swept or mopped in a long time.

The last issue with this hotel, and I hesitated saying something but I think it should be more advertised than it was. The breakfast on the app where I booked stated a full breakfast was served. When I checked in to the hotel the staff member advised me that there was a full breakfast with a chef who would do cook to order items. The next morning when I went down there the breakfast was nothing I had seen or prepared myself for.

The items were very "earthy" "healthy options" orientated. While that is an ok option for breakfast, it was not something I was prepared for. Most of the items looked like they had been used for previous breakfast sessions. The cook to order station was not really what I would call cook to order. The "chef" had one item on the menu, the part I got to pick was what vegetables I wanted in my egg whites. She also explained to me that she would only do scrambled and nothing else. When I asked her for simply tomatoes and egg whites, she proceeded to put everything in the eggs.

The next morning I didn't even attempt to go to breakfast, I simple went down the street to the starbucks.

Overall I would just warn people if you are looking for that full, hearty breakfast I would either go out to ear or choose another location. If you stay in hotels frequently and are used to the breakfasts at other hotels this will be nothing you've seen before.

Room Tip: Building is "L" shaped and some rooms can be a long walk to elevators.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Brian B, General Manager at Element Denver Park Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Alex C,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and providing your honest feedback.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your cleanliness feedback with the housekeeping team.

In regard to breakfast, I am sorry you were not satisfied with our vast selection of options every morning. The Element brand was founded and remains a fresh, health focused brand under the Marriott umbrella. We know that not everyone is concerned with their health and for those people there are other options, such as frittatas made fresh every day, cereal, bagels, muffins etc. I can assure you that the ingredients are prepped every day (unlike Starbucks) and the daily selection rotates every ten days.