US$75
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsinfinity poolla unionvilla suitebeach frontpicture takingbasketball ringgreek restaurantbeach resortoverlooking the beachstaff were courteousf bprawnsthe general managerdining arealittle priceythe room was nicerelaxing stay
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

It was a very relaxing stay at Kahuna Beach Resort. Their receptionist at front desk was very accommodating. I like the choice of food for the breakfast. Room is clean too. I like the room near the swimming pool. I certainly go back to this resort if there is a chance.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2017

We just stayed here for the night on our way back to Manila, but the place looks nice enough to spend several days, maybe even a week if you're into surfing (they have a surfing school).

The rooms are isolated bungalows, well-equipped and quite comfortable, with lots of garden in between.

The food in the restaurant merits a recommendation on its own, especially the fully loaded omelette and eggs Benedict at breakfast. Good burgers too, and of course Filipino dishes.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jyster
Reviewed 9 April 2017

I had the pleasure to return several times to this magnificent place and every time I see new initiatives and extra's. It is always a great place to be. Will probably go back end of the year. One advice: just go !

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

We recently went back for the 3rd time in 5 years to the Kahuna Beach Resort and Spa in San Juan, La Union.

Amazing to see how the whole region has developed for the better.  Traffic from/to Manilla also much better than in the past with the new highway.

Just avoid the crowded traffic in San Fernando while getting/leaving (early)

The resort itself is just excellent (were lucky to stay in one of the Private Houses with some friends), but all rooms are nice.

The massages of body, head, feet are professional and superb.
They even have a new wing in use with separate swimming pool.

The food is outstanding and you will not find better in The Philippines, that's why the restaurant was always nearly full, also with some local guests.

I even understood they plan to extend the restaurant towards the beach, will be great.

Plenty of well trained people working in the restaurant, reception, bar etc.. 5 star service. Well done.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Anne D
Reviewed 7 April 2017

Spent my birthday here last January 2017, with husband, 2 kids and my parents. The hotel was very good, friendly staff. when we arrived earlier than check in time of 2pm, we decided to have our lunch at their restaurant. There were not so many visitors at that time, but it took us almost 10 minutes for a waiter to come and give us a menu. so my parents were kind of disappointed at once. the waiters at breakfast time was better, especially the one with blonde hair (didn't get his name, sorry!) he was attentive and gave us choices esp for my two kids. the pool was okay but was a bit crowded because it was kind of small. maybe because its the beach that the visitors are really looking out for. but with two kids, id prefer the pool because the beach was more for surfers. so i guess this resort is more for surfers, not for kids. we stayed in villa suite C, it was wonderful! my mom wanted to stay indoors! haha the downside was the bathroom, no place to put your things once inside the shower and the water flows outside of the shower making our bathroom slippery.

with the food, the breakfast was very good! but lunch was not spectacular, no to the grilled squid! maybe because i am from Pangasinan so i have tasted so much better grilled fish/seafood. So we opted to have dinner outside of the hotel.

Overall, it was a great experience. my kids loved the pool, even though it was crowded :-) loved the ambience, great for picture taking. maybe i would come back here if given another chance. but i think it didnt meet my great expectations, i thought it would have been better.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family