“A hidden gem”
Review of La Fonda

La Fonda
Ranked #29 of 95 Restaurants in Nosara
Description: Pequeña parrilla/restaurant familiar dedicado a servir platos netamente rioplatenses, ubicado en el corazón del pueblo de Nosara, con un ambiente simple y divertido.
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

A wonderful Argentinian couple own this unique restaurant in Nosara. We first met the husband walking in Guiones selling the most delicious empanadas. We heard from the locals that he had a restaurant just a short drive away. The meat platter came highly recommended, but there were plenty of vegetarian friendly options. The meat was hot off the wood fire grill right in front of the restaurant. The veggies were so fresh, and of course we had to order the famous empanadas! This place is a must if you are looking for delicious food, cozy atmosphere, and an overall authentic experience!

Reviewed 22 February 2018

I'm reluctant to review this place, as I don't really have anything bad to say, but there are only so many places I get to try on each trip and I brought my family and friends here based on all the five star reviews...

Service is very friendly and the setting is nice. Yes, it is nice to get out of the main strip and into the real town of Nosara. It was also fun to see the grill - you can watch the meat cooking right outside. We ordered the meat platter and a number of other dishes. I would say everything was good, not great. La Fonda offers some interesting things that you can't find just anywhere (i.e. intestines, blood sausage), but then you may not be looking for it either. Prices seemed on par with Nosara restaurants.

Like I said, it was fine, just not a place I'll rush back to.

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

I am staying in Nosara a month & have already visited La Fonda twice in my 1st week. Once for take out Margarita Pizza & a Veggie Quinoi dish. Once for eat in - grilled meats.

Do yourself a favor and venture away from the commercial beach areas. A short adventurous TukTuk ride ($3,000 Colones or $6 US) will take you to an amazing find. Welcoming atmosphere, most friendly owners (Allejandro y Claudia - I just love them!), nice staff and of course amazing cuisine / comida muy buena! Outdoor grilled meats, veg choices, pizza. Something for all. I never got to desserts YET but will on future visits.

Tell them Marc from Canada sent you!

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed for 10 days in Nosara and visited several restaurants in the area, La Fonda offered best quality food for a good price. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly, the decoration is simple but cool. Also, going outside of the Guiones area makes it special and it has a more of a local vibe.

The owners are always there taking care of their customers. Having a traditional open grill with burning wood makes the place very cozy and gives unique taste to the grilled food.

I tried different dishes but of course the ones on the grill were my favorites. They also have vegetarian and vegan options on the grill. The pizzas were great with an Argentinian traditional style, salads were fresh and tasty. The "choripanes" are a must to try with the traditional chimichurri sauce.

I would definitively visit La Fonda again in my next visit to Nosara and would recommend anyone that visits Nosara to do the same.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

This is the best restaurant by far in Nosara.My friend and I split the platter and it was amazing, everything cooked to perfection and reasonably priced.