“Surfing with Nosara CR Surf School is the BEST”

Nosara CR Surf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Nosara CR Surf School is located in Playa Guiones, Guanacaste, Costa Rica. We are a local company committed to giving back to our community, protecting and caring for our beaches and most importantly sharing our love for surfing in a fun and safe environment. Our location in Playa Guiones serves as a one of the best surfing destinations in the World.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift, Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Back from another fabulous trip to Nosara. Surfing is a big part of that for part of our family (we have younger kids and a teenager)...this time we all surfed except dad (fractured wrist). Maikol is an amazing surfer but as in anything - it doesn’t mean you’re automatically good at teaching something just cause you’ve cracked it...but he is a wonderful teacher and just all-round great guy. He’s always super friendly and you can see how much he loves what he does. Our ten year old loves surfing with Maikol...and he keeps improving - every lesson! Of course it’s not only Maikol - the whole team is amazing. I surfed this time with Gary - and learnt so much! I had a surfing moment and some things just clicked...huge thanks to Gary and his patience and words of surfing wisdom! My other kids surfed with Nelson and I had a lesson with Kalli (sorry if I’ve spelt this incorrectly) who were both fantastic too - calm, patient, lots of encouragement. This school rocks - they are super safety focused and will postpone a lesson when conditions are less than ideal...can’t wait to catch some waves again soon

NosaraCRSurfSchool, Propietario at Nosara CR Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Hola Katy, thank you so much.
You guys did great, we hope we can share some waves again and have so much fun amigos.

All reviews
"whole team"
"bigger waves"
"surf school"
in 14 reviews
"highly recommend these guys"
"fresh coconut water"
"patience"
"rocks"
"pics"

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Great shop, great guys... Jordan & Michael will sort you out with all your surf needs.
Bring the guys an empanada, they love em!

NosaraCRSurfSchool, Propietario at Nosara CR Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

Yeaahh Pura vida

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Anyone looking to enhance their surfing ability or simply rent a board, Nosara CR Surf School is the place! My only regret from my trip to Playa Guiones is that I didn't start it here. I stopped at every surf shop in Guiones and no where else did I feel so welcomed. First off, their prices cannot be beat. Jordan and Michael are true professionals. Even from the single lesson that I took, I am a significantly better surfer for it. It was not the type of lesson where the instructor provided a single hour of tips and then went on with the rest of their lives. Jordan and Michael truely care and their only goal is making their clients better. The lesson started with 90 minutes of in the water instruction by Jordan, all of which was filmed. Michael and Jordan then reviewed the entire tape, wave by wave. Then, Micheal took me out the following day and worked on everything that was reviewed the day before. This was all for the price that everyother surf shop does for a single lesson.
Both are experienced surfers, no matter the skill level (everything from never stepping on a board to extremely experienced) they will not only make you better, they will make you love surfing! They embody Pura Vida and will make you feel like family.

NosaraCRSurfSchool, Propietario at Nosara CR Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Hola amigo,
Thank you so much, it was our pleasure.
Keep surfing, don’t forget you have all the skills just work on it. Hope Surf again.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

We had experience with Michael from Nosara CR Surf School over the past summer, he was an instructor at Nantucket Island Surf School. So, when we headed to Costa Rica we headed straight there for lessons for our kids. He was over the top with help, safety and in no time my daughter was up on a wave and having the time of her life. The package rates for multiple lessons was incredibly reasonable, Michael and his staff are all top notch and the beach is a three minute walk from the shop. You cannot go wrong, this shop ROCKS!

NosaraCRSurfSchool, Propietario at Nosara CR Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Hola Skip,

Thank you so much, it was our pleasure to surf with you.