“Awesome experience at Nosara CR Surf School”

Nosara CR Surf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Nosara CR Surf School is located in Playa Guiones, Guanacaste, Costa Rica. We are a local company committed to giving back to our community, protecting and caring for our beaches and most importantly sharing our love for surfing in a fun and safe environment. Our location in Playa Guiones serves as a one of the best surfing destinations in the World.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift, Baby buggy parking, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 2 May 2018

Visited Nosara a couple of weeks ago with some friends and had Michael and Keylor as our guides for the week. They are locals unlike most other shops and knew the in's and out's of town including the secret surf spots. They were great guides for my group as we were intermediate level and were looking for direction on where to surf. Not only did they guide us during surfing, they were great guys and hung out with us for dinners and other events to show us all that the town had to offer. I would highly recommend these guys for any surfing visit to Nosara!

NosaraCRSurfSchool, Propietario at Nosara CR Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

It was our pleasure to surf with you guys and show our town (secret spots).

Pura vida amigos!

All reviews
"whole team"
"bigger waves"
"surf school"
in 14 reviews
"highly recommend these guys"
"fresh coconut water"
"patience"
"rocks"
"pics"

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Jordon and Michael were dedicated to helping me an intermediate surfer move to the next level. The video feedback sessions are fantastic in assisting one to improve by seeing your mistakes on a wave and understand the techniques required to be a better surfer. I can not recommend these guys enough. If you trust their process and follow their feedback you will get better and realize your Surfing dreams. Get a private session or two. Probably the best investment I have made in Surfing. I will bring my kids next time!

Hola Darren, thank you so much for your comment.
It was our pleasure to work with you and help you to improve your surfing, we hope to surf with you guys again and help you to take your surfing to the next level!

Jordan

Reviewed 26 April 2018

There are many surf schools/ camps in Nosara but I prefer nosara surf school. Jordan and his team are extremely knowledgeable, friendly and skilled. I first came in March with my girlfriend (both first time surfers) and we met Gary who was abt to take lunch but took us out for lessons instead. He had a go pro mounted to the board so we got great pics and video!

I came back in April with my daughter (11) and again we had a great experience! The whole team is chill and friendly. My daughter was up and surfing on her second try and the experience was topped off with fresh coconut water straight from the coconut (included) so refreshing! They can even help the advanced surfers with video to review showing proper/best techniques to catch the bigger waves. This is the place to be for sure! Pura Vida

Wesley

Hola Wesley, thank you so much!
It was our pleasure, you guys did great, hope we can share some waves with you guys again!

Jordan L

Reviewed 24 April 2018

Recently traveled to Nosara just looking for surf guides as we were pretty experienced surfers and wanted someone to take us out to the right spots. These are your guys. Whether your experienced or a beginner, Jordan and Michael will get you dialed in. They're all locals, unlike most surf schools in the area, so they know all the spots and the types of waves in the area. Great guys, and they always make sure you have a good time. Highly recommend them and definitely would shred with these guys again.

Hola Jake,

Thanks amigo, it was our pleasure to share and show our waves!

Pura vida amigo

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 April 2018

I was in Nosara, a place known for its surfing, so I decided I had to take at least one surf lesson. I am so glad I did. It was an amazing feeling and I only did it because of the kindness and patience of my instructor, Kaylor. He paid attention to me and my body and was able to adjust his instruction based on my limitations (out of shape and limited flexibility). He encouraged me and congratulated every little success. I was actually able to get up on the board in my first lesson. If I had more time I would have gone back for another lesson with them. This is a great school and I will definitely go back the next time I visit Nosara.

NosaraCRSurfSchool, Propietario at Nosara CR Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

It was our pleasure to surf with you!