“Dinner & Drinks Divine Within A Relaxing Open Air Ambience Makes For An Enchanted Evening!”
Review of El Local

El Local
Ranked #36 of 96 Restaurants in Nosara
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

My family and I had the pleasure of dining at El Local last night in Playa Guiones, Nosara. El Local at the Gardens Hotel is the quintessential secret gem of the Guiones Beach area. With regard to the food and drink I believe my wife said it best when she said, “my dinner and cocktails were divine” And we both agreed the relaxing open air ambience ties the whole experience together. The best way to summarize our dinner evening at El Local in one word would be, enchanting!

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

We had lunch and dinner at El Local and were very impressed with the flavour and freshness. The warm octopus salad was amazing. Everyone was very friendly and we had great service!

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

You decided to stop by the local on a drive-through Nosara and what a wonderful surprise! The owner of the restaurant is also the chef and was very welcoming. Between the four of us we had shrimp mahi a local beef burger and salads that were outstanding. Dessert was amazing and the craft beers were excellent

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

So we tried coming here for lunch on a Friday. There were 5 of us. It was about 11:15. We asked what time they opened. The lady that was cleaning the tables told us 11:30. We waited until 11:30. Asked if we could be seated. Now it’s we don’t open until 12:00. Ok. The little girls we were with were starving and we were driving back to Samara so we just decided to wait til noon. Noon gets here and we go to be seated. The guy asked me for some reason if we had 8 people in our party. I said no we have 5. Then he says we don’t open until 12:30. Not a way to do business!! We left and went to 10 pies. Much better service and very cold beer!

Reviewed 16 April 2018

This is a warm and welcoming environment with off-the-charts delicious food. It is an absolute gem of Nosara, located on the grounds of the beautiful The Gardens Hotel. I was here with my sons on multiple occasions during our time in Nosara and can't wait to return with my husband, daughter and friends in June. From the fresh and tasty tuna poke bowl to the plantain balls, deviled eggs and the uniquely divine pulled pork sandwich, this place is fantastic.