“Wonderful week”
Review of Hotel Oltremare

Hotel Oltremare
Ranked #59 of 97 Fiumicino B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 August 2017

We arrived at noon and our room was ready. As this is a small Hotel there was not a set person at the desk but we did not have to wait long. Our room was a good size, Queen bed and an area with bunk beds. Bathroom very large, clean and had amenities like shampoo and other lotions. As we were staying 9 nights we requested a room with a balcony which we did receive on the 4 night. Not a big problem as we did not spend a lot of time in our room the first 4 days. We ended up with a wonderful room facing the beach, balcony on the side which was nice as it was shaded in the afternoon.
Breakfast was fine, fruit, toast, pastry's, yogurt, juice ,salami ,cheese and café latté of course. Nice having breakfast on the patio. The lady that made my coffee in the AM also looks after the rooms was so nice.
The restaurant attached to the Hotel was very good and all the staff were very pleasant. Even though they are a restaurant by day they were nice to let me have a coffee on the patio.
The Beach across from the hotel was very clean, I think that they must clean it a few times a week. The street cleaner also was also busy.
Fiumicino has many little bars along the beach that you can stop for a drink and snack. The restaurants are quite strict in the evening, and busy so if you want just a drink you need to go to a bar or grab a bottle of wine for 4 euros.
Lots of little shops within walking distance as well as a market.
All in all I like fiumicino, I have been many times. It never disappointed me. Sun, sand, walks on the beach, wine, food and the very friendly people.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a Balcony, but they are clean and the A/C works really well. Just enjoy the dif...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 June 2017

Arrived around 10pm had to wait a while for someone to come and check us in, we where given a ground floor room which had 3 single beds. Room was very basic and so was the bathroom, adequate for a one night stay though. Staff seemed to be friendly enough, there was also a restaurant which seemed to be very busy. WE sat outside and had a drink which was very enjoyable, unfortunately when in bed someone decided to unwrap a package outside our bedroom door around 6am. The noise carried on for sometime which I wasn't too pleased about. We went for breakfast which was a choice of corn flakes and cake. Glad we had only had to stay for the one night and wouldn't recommend to any friends.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2016

We booked this as our last night after a long train ride from Sorrento to Naples and then Naples to Rome. After looking around in the murderous heat of Rome at the sites the same day we were looking forward to our prearranged hotel shuttle from the airport train station from Rome airport to the seaside. I talked to the hotel when booking and had arranged shuttle pickup and then drop off the next day for 7.50 euros per person each way . I was given a phone number and told I could text contact just before leaving Rome by texting so I would not have to make an expensive call. I did what I was told and no reply from anyone. Once we got to the airport train station still no reply. I finally made the expensive call three times cause they would not text me back as instructed. We were hot, tired and irritated only to be finally told after all that to take a cab for 15 Euros which was not it was 20 euros set price as the shuttle drivers were not available. Not Impressed!!! I had booked a twin bed room with a view of the sea which was confirmed ahead. When we got to our room it was a small double with no view only from the tiny balcony on the side of the building. When I went back down to complain there was no one in sight to help and no one for the rest of the night. NO one spoke English to be able to ask where the manager was for the hotel. The door was broken to the patio as were several doors we noted. We were hungry and nothing was open at 630 pm We found the grocery store a few blocks away and I swear the whole village was there instead. We found something open at 7 and had a light meal watching the sunset. The beach was nice at first glance with soft brown sand. There are a series of black rock reefs. Up close the water was dirty with garbage and smelled and I got bit by something in the brief time in the water to cool down. the itchy tormenting bites took a week and half to go away, The abandoned streets soon came to life and a massive beach party started at around 8 pm and this was a Monday night not the weekend. it went till 4 am and we had a three hour airport wait and a 12 hour flight ahead of us in just a few hours. I could hear the music and partying through ear plugs. It was so loud with the noise coming in through the broken door too. Breakfast the next day was uneatable. Old bread flaking and falling apart and old pastry tasted terrible. Sour yogurt and rotten apples. There was processed cheese slices and something that looked like cured meat slices. The juice box was the only tasty thing for breakfast. Never again would I ever stay here. Save the cab fare of 40 Euros, the extra drive and stay in Rome before your flight or try somewhere else ??

Room Tip: no good room I would never stay here again
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

We came here for a family break, the first holiday abroad with our 4 year old daughter, the hotel was 15/20 mins away from the airport which was great and cost €20 (fixed priced taxi) the hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff where amazing, we had a view over the beach and breakfast was included in our price ... The beach was just across the road and was a decent beach, great for children as the kids can go crabbing on the rocks. The hotel staff helped arrange our trips out which was a great help and offered us advice on other things to see in the area. There are plenty of restaurants to eat at and we found a couple local shops with-in a 15/20 minute stroll/ walk. We visited Rome city centre, we took a taxi solely for easiness it was €55-€60 each way, there is the train which is cheaper. Took 40 minutes by taxi and we also visited a zoomarina which was excellent well worth a day trip and our taxi driver gave us a little tour along the way. I really recommend this hotel and we will definitely return here again

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Carly S
Reviewed 30 September 2014

My husband and I stayed here for only one night before our flight home.

- Location: Very close to the airport. We took a shuttle from the airport. It does stop at other hotels so took a little longer to get to the hotel. We waited about 15 mins at the airport for the shuttle. The hotel is right across from the beach, which was nice in the morning to walk before our flight. The beach is very nice. There are many restaurants in the area, mostly seafood, though.

- Breakfast: Not impressed! They only had sweet pastries. And it was not much of a variety. If you ask the front desk staff they will make you hot tea or cappuccino. Other than that, the breakfast is not maintained.

We did hear the dog barking next door that another guest put in a review. Thank goodness it didn't bark through the night, but we heard it first thing in the morning.

The driver was on time in the morning to take us to the airport for 17 Euros for 2 people.

The room was a good size for one night. The bathroom was really big.

Overall it was good for one night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors with a view. We got a room next to the front desk (45) and could...
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple