Fiumicino Inn
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Academy Hotel(Fiumicino)
Good 3.5/5
    See what travellers are saying:
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Needed an overnight stays prior to our departure flight from Rome. The B&B is located close to the airport and pickup and drop off can be arranged through the B&B at a reasonable rate. The room was spacious and clean with a balcony. Also had tea/coffee facilities and staff were friendly. Would recommend as a cheap option if only needing a place to sleep prior to flying out.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

We were forced by Alitalia to take an 18 hour layover in Fiumicino, which meant staying in a hotel which they wouldn't pay for, 90 Euro. They told us it was a 1 star hotel, so we were expecting the worst. But we were pleasantly surprised by a very friendly receptionist, Aurora, very lovely too, and a spacious room with a balcony, right across the street from an excellent pizza restaurant.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
    Reviewed 4 May 2017

I feel I should write to warn all those considering booking this accommodation in the future. The owner is clearly a shady individual who has misled customers in the past and I have fallen victim to his near criminal behavior this evening. He warns you after you have booked and AFTER TAKING PAYMENT that he cannot accommodate you if your flight is late or arrives after midnight local time. This was not made clear before the booking nor was it clear that he was completely inflexible in making allowances. Booking.com, where the reservation was made, pleaded with him to refund the booking charge (full fee was taken without pre-warning) given that it was clearly an inconvenient situation and the booking was for 22 days in advance. There would have been no loss to him nor any penalty to him. Instead, he has chosen to refuse entry to anyone arriving after midnight, even though they may have found out that after booking, but he is quite content to keep the money in the most corrupt behavior I have experienced booking online accommodation. I warn you to beware of your funds with this property, beware if you go to this property and beware of a likely unstable individual who may have ulterior motives beyond hospitality, I have posted this warning on multiple sites to ensure he cannot get away with theft again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
    Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

We arrived pretty late and didn't want to end up paying to Hilton €220 per night since we had a flight early morning, I did a little search and found that authentic place,
    Price was very comfortable(€63), receptionist was polite and showed us the room, the property is clean and organized, there is parking, the only reason why I didn't give 5 start it's because the mattress and the pillow are old and not comfortable at all, I would upgrade them asap, I never had any back or neck issues, when I woke up I was all stiff (my neck and back)
    Overall I would suggest them to have in house breakfast even though in front of the hotel there is coffee shop.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 2 October 2016

Great location to the airport, friendly and helpful staff. However, a dirty bag of diapers left on our balcony, the wifi went down in the morning, and if you book and they say they are English speaking (theyre not), and the breakfast is worth it (out of packets) then you're going to be disappointed. Clean (apart from bag of diapers), friendly (if you know a little Italian) and a good location. But disappointed. FYI, almost under flight paths of nearby Leonardo da Vinci. No bother for us, but maybe for some.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family