All reviews pleasant stay fiumicino airport next morning umberto midnight ac flight
Reviewed 24 January 2017

I stayed here for one night because it was close to the airport where I was going the next day to head off on another adventure.

I would stay here again. What I liked: very friendly staff, in a quiet area, short walk to a small beach that is very beautiful & peaceful, nice pizzeria down the street, international guests who were interesting and friendly.

Because I didn't speak Italian, it was a bit tough to find a taxi at the airport to take me here but eventually I did. On the way back they helped me get the transportation I needed. Breakfast was ok. The room smelled a bit musty, but I have mold allergies & I was fine.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Laura U
Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

I've been passing true this place yesterday night, the place is very familiar clean and calm. I arrived at Fiumicino airport at 8 pm and in a 15 minute after a phone call somebody pick me up for 10€, it was Umberto the owner in the car I felt like home from the first moment, we had a nice chat, it's a very kind person. The hotel is a villa whit not too much rooms, very quite place and clean, the bed was very comfortable. In the morning a nice breakfast was waiting in the dining room, big and fresh orange juice make at moment from Jan the guy working there. I don't give 5 star just because the toilet was outside the room..

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank travelmoon78
Laura Maria L, Proprietario at Il Focolare, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2017

Thank You very much for taking the time to write a review!
I'm really pleased to know you have enjoyed the stay,
this is the feedback that makes our work worthwhile :)

Reviewed 21 June 2016

After reading good reviews I felt like giving the place a try as I just needed a bed for a few hours.

I happened to stay twice at Il Focolare within 5 days, as my flights all connected through Rome.
In both occasions the guy checking me in forgot the hand me back my passport. The first time it happened I realized immediately, but the second time I noticed at 6 in the morning when I was about to leave to the airport. Thank I realized still at the hotel, otherwise I might have lost a trans atlantic connection.

During both stays the wifi did not work properly in my room. The receptionist offered to change my room, but if you only have few hours to sleep, you dont want to go through that hassle.

The check in took very long. Instead of giving me my keys once checked in, I had to wait 15 minutes in the room for the receptionist to bring me the keys so I could finally lock my room and sleep. The place lives of airport traveler, their priority should be to make things swift and smooth.

Unfortunately the hot water did not work in the morning which is why I could not take a shower.

If you have extra bucks to spare on a reputable hotel chain and you want to have a smooth stay, avoid this place.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Armandnic
Laura Maria L, Proprietario at Il Focolare, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2016

Hi,
we are deeply sorry for the inconveniences You had to meet.
Our employee was overwhelmed by work as his coworker quit
without notice and we found ourselves short of staff on high season for a period
of two weeks. This of course won't justify the fact You had
unpleasent inconveniences but we would be more than happy to
make it up to You if You would happen to give us a second chance.
Our first priority is to make our guests satisfied with their stay
and relieved of the stress they have to endure through transits
and we regreat this did not happen with You.
Thank You very much to take the time to leave a review and
we do hope to see You again.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

John was very accomodating with my children and I. He made my children hot chocolate milk when we arrived at 1:30am. I recommend that you arrange transportation aka shuttle with John for airport pick-up, drop off and to the bus station; it's a lot cheaper!! It's just a 10 minute drive to FCO airport & 45 minute bus ride to the Center of Rome. We were planning to stay in the city aka Rome the night before our departure, but it was so convivient and such great personal service that we stayed our final night at II Focolare.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2016

I really enjoyed my afternoon-before-my-flight stay at Il Focolare. The service was great and it was so nice to be able to take the short walk to the beach. My room was very comfortable (with AC!) and spacious. The airport shuttle service for just 10 euro was fantastic and very prompt. I plan to stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the ocean.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo