“Wedding Catering”

I Vecchi Amici
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 January 2018

We planned our daughter's wedding from California and England so most of the details were handled via e-mail. Fabio and Daniele could not have been more wonderful to work with. The actual day could not have been more perfect, the food could not have been better!! The presentation and professionalism of all of their staff was impeccable. We would not have changed a thing and cannot reccomend them highly enough!!!!!!

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Fabio & Daniele cooked for our destination wedding at Petrolo. They were recommended by the Villa and it was even better than expected. We had tried some other large event and catering companies in the area but nothing compared to i Vecchi Amici's food, genuine passion, and dedication to our vision. The experience started with the tasting. The team was flexible where we wanted to make changes. They helped us envision our set up and were 100% reliable. We had an aperitivo and a sit down 3-course menu and dessert buffet. Everything exceeded expectations and the decoration and presentation was impeccable. We have nothing negative to say and we cannot thank the team enough. We are happy to be a reference! In addition, the restaurant serves amazing dishes and is worth a visit. Don't be fooled by the location. You will not be disappointed with your meal. Everyone left our wedding talking about the food :-)

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

My friends and family stopped here to get a quick bite before we got in the road to go home. We were pleased with the good service, and delighted by the food. They even have a very good and well priced children's menu. We were a little disappointed that they don't do pizzas for lunch. However, they have a large selection and we found easy substitutes for our pizza loving children. I would recommend this restaurant and would certainly visit again.

Reviewed 21 February 2017

I Vechhi Amici was recommended through Villa Petrolo where we were having our destination wedding with 50 of our closest friends and family in September 2016. Fabio and his crew at I Vecchi Amici were amazing in helping make our dream wedding happen! We planned our wedding without even visiting Italy or meeting Fabio to taste the food. So this really was a gamble; however, the results far exceeded our expectations! Through countless emails back and forth, Fabio was very patient in fulfilling all our requests and answering all our questions (in English as well!)...as you can imagine, planning a wedding without even knowing what the outcome could be is extremely stressful. Fabio even helped us find a really cool Gelato Truck for the pre-ceremony for our guests to enjoy. The day before the wedding, we met with Fabio and he was very professional and organised. The day of the wedding went flawlessly...his crew showed up early to help set up the tables which followed the seating chart perfectly. The food was absolutely delicious, amazing and beautifully presented....and plentiful! All of our guests couldn't stop commenting how it was the best wedding meal they have ever had. The sunset welcome apertif during the cocktail hour was set up beautifully, the multi course wedding dinner was absolutely divine, and the beautiful traditional wedding cake was the best cake I've ever had! And to top it all off, I Vecchi Amici stayed late to cook us all a Midnight Pasta meal for our hungry and dancing guests. My only regret is (as most Brides will say) I was so busy during the wedding I didn't get to fully enjoy the amazing dishes. One day we will return to Tuscany again and visit I Vecchi Amici for another delicious meal.

1  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed 7 August 2016

Absolutely AMAZING food cooked, organized, and served by amazing people for our wedding reception!
We honestly didn't know what to expect when we booked I Vecchi Amici as our wedding caterer. We found Fabio's (the owner) and Daniele's (the chef) website by chance and had never tried their food beforehand so we were nervous. The villa where we had our wedding (Villa Belpoggio in Loro Ciuffenna) recommended a few other places from Florence and Arezzo which were very elegant and nice but after comparing pricing and menus as well as reviews we decided to go with Fabio and Daniele at I Vecchi Amici.

WOW and I mean WOW is all we can say during and after our wedding reception. From start to finish communication was excellent. We did everything by email as we were coming from the US. Fabio's English is very good so no worries on that point and that made it much easier to communicate. He came to the villa months beforehand to check out the location of everything as well as the day before the wedding. Both my husband and I cannot say enough good things about him!

First off, their menu did not do their elegant and delicious food offerings justice! We had looked at a very expensive catering company from Florence with what appeared to be a more sophisticated menu and the reality of what we had from Fabio and Daniele was not only that but so much more! We were astonished by the quality of the food as well as the amount of choices that were offered. The presentation was absolutely beautiful as well! And the service... well, you can't expect anything better then what we received! Every single thing we asked for and more was offered at our wedding reception. If you have ever been to an Italian wedding you'll know what that means food wise. Just so many courses to eat!

It's hard to name a favorite because it was all so good! The welcome aperitifs during our cocktail hour were so yummy and varied and prettily presented! It seemed liked the food went on for days! My husband loved the Pork filled with apples and both the tortelloni and gnudi pasta was excellent. They made our wedding cake and Italian pastries for dessert as well, delicious! Guests kept on remarking how amazing everything tasted. We had an open bar, coffee/espresso, wines, champagne toast and 3 courses in total after the cocktail hour. I never expected to get what we actually received as it went far beyond our expectations.

Fabio himself is very charming, friendly, and easy to work with. For anyone thinking about a Tuscan wedding near Arezzo or Florence, please look no further! I honestly think he could charge so much more for what he does so at the moment his catering is like the best kept secret in the area! Also, I'm vegetarian so if you are looking for a caterer to accommodate you, then Fabio is also a very good choice. My husband is not vegetarian and neither were any of our guests, so of course we had a large variety of meat filled choices as well. I just wanted to put that out there for anyone who is vegetarian.

Also, we are used to dining out in the DC area and are no strangers to fine dining both here or abroad. So, take it from us...the food is excellent!

Alright, this review is long enough but we really wanted to do justice to such a fabulous catering job and restaurant. Outstanding! Grazie Mille Fabio and Daniele!
We look forward to visiting your restaurant the next time we are in Italy!!

Caroline and Rob