“a hidden gem”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 February 2017

as I am finalizing our next trip to Perugia for Umbria Jazz in July, I remembered that I never gave this awesome restaurant a review last year in July heading towards Perugia then. This is a very rustic, cosy place with fantastic local cuisine. Half a year has gone by and I don't remember everything we ate there, but what stands out in my memory is the pasta with cacio e pepe. So simple, yet such a delight. I can absolutely recommend this place. Good prices, also!! Thsi summer we will go with 2 friends and will definitely stop here again for lunch

Reviewed 27 June 2016

We eat here often, the food is fabulous, all fresh and home made. Being vegetarian, it can be difficult her in Italy but at La Pergola, they always give us something delicious! Lovely people, lovely food and lovely wine! Pasta to die for! I always think that they have undercharged us because we eat so much. Beware, large portions!!!

2  Thank Janice B
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

We were delighted to have found this "Locanda" to which me and my family shared a delightful meal. Starting out with the Ravioli with spinach and cheese, it was easy to tell that they were freshly made, and very tasteful. Then we enjoyed their grilled chicken and sausages, to which both were perfectly cooked. This was coupled with a side of beans and grilled peppers. This place was nothing short of delicious, and I thank riccardo for a wonderful service.

1  Thank Nicola N
Reviewed 19 November 2015

I stayed for two nights and was treated wonderfully. The food was delicious and the kindness of the owners was incomparable. I would really recommend it for its food and atmosphere.

Sono rimasta due notti ed è stato un piacevole soggiorno. Sono stati cordialissimi e la loro cucina era veramente ottima. È assolutamente da provare!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

This marks the first review I have written for TripAdvisor (or any other travel or shopping site, for that matter), and I would not be taking the time to leave these words had the week I spent at La Pergola not been one of the most rewarding and enjoyable of my entire life. To this day, I am firmly convinced that I stayed above the best restaurant in Arezzo, if not in all of Tuscany, and I have no doubts whatsoever that I enjoyed the services of the most gracious and hospitable hosts in all of Italy. Ivana and Riccardo went out of their way on every occasion to ensure that I was comfortable and provided for throughout my short stay, and I will forever regard La Pergola as the standard for excellence in service of the most personable kind. I cannot imagine returning to Italy without spending at least one evening under the arbor at La Pergola, enjoying the marvelous food, wine and breath-taking views of the Tuscan countryside that this wonderful inn so consistently affords. I really cannot sing this place’s praises enough. I give it my fullest endorsement in each and every way.