2 people are viewing this hotel
US$209
Free cancellation until 30/01/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$209
Free cancellation until 30/01/22
FindHotel
US$153
Hotels.comUS$209
eDreamsUS$209
TravelocityUS$209
All reviews front office beach access king bed ocean front hammocks pool microwave privacy florida pros
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 May 2021

The front desk staff during our stay, Karen (not a joke, her name is fittingly Karen), was rude and mean, and when I say mean, literally arguing with me, and treated us not as guests but like trash. I confronted her on why she unfairly told my kids to get off the hammock, she had no real reason, just mentioned another issue dealing with the condos and police next door, that has nothing to do with my kids. She had an attitude the whole time talking to me and I told her we would leave and want a refund, she replied, “whatever you want, lady!” It would be funny if it was a comedy sketch but no that was her actual answer and she just dismissed me. I couldn’t believe someone would treat their customer like that. Another crazy thing is she didn’t even wait for us to leave, she went home! This happened before 9 pm and we rushed and packed up to leave, and this lady was gone before we could even check out that night. This is important to note during your stay. There is no one there at all after 9 pm, no one to even speak with on the phone if anything comes up. We had to book another hotel that night and come back the next day to check out. The lady that morning was actually nice and apologized. She said she couldn’t believe that happened. I didn’t get her name but I felt sorry for her to have to work with people like Karen. She said she would have the manager call me. The manager Karrie, offered 2 options, 1) to refund me half or 2) get 2 free nights. Of course we would not stay there again after that, so I said I would like the half refund, which I felt is still unfair but that was better than nothing. We’re back home now after a week in Florida, luckily our stay at Disney world made it all better for us. To this day, still NO REFUND and no response from management. We just take it as a loss at this point. $315 for one night down the drain. Lesson learned, moving forward, we are not staying at independently owned hotels such as Hotel Sol, there is no accountability here. Staff do as they wish and you’re out your money even if you didn’t stay there! Biggest regret booking here when there are so many other hotels in the area. I would give zero stars if I could!

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank RKL_T05
Reviewed 4 May 2021

Everything was great except our room location. We had requested a quiet room. When we got there, the room they gave us was next to the street. The lady at the front desk was very understanding and moved us to a room at the other end of the building just steps from the beach. The problem was we could hear every step they were taking in the room above us. This is an older hotel that has been nicely remodeled but there is no insulation between the floors. Other than that, the room and grounds were clean and bright, the beach was great and we enjoyed our stay.

Room tip: Don't get a room with one above it.
2  Thank JFSchwarz
Reviewed 4 May 2021

The hotel advertises a quiet, romantic, getaway in luxury boutique hotel... umm NO to all the above.

Cons-
The walls are paper thin, you can hear conversations and TVs easily. Our room was located right across from the entrance to the pool so we had a lot of foot traffic all day, there was NO peace and quiet, definitely not what we’re were looking for on our anniversary trip. When I saw where our room was and how loud it was I went back to the front to ask if we could be placed somewhere else but he said all rooms were booked. After a 9 hour drive and arrangements made for childcare (bringing in my mom from another state), Kids being kids at the pool from 9-9 was not what we wanted to hear all day on the ONE time a year we get to vacation without our kids.
To add to the noise, the doors stuck so bad that you had to use your shoulder to open and close them, making them super loud when they shut. The bed sounded like it was breaking when we sat on it... definitely not romantic! The WiFi never worked, there was no number on the room phone to dial for the front desk or housekeeping, a lack of blackout curtain prevents you from being able to sleep in, and there was no iron in the room.
Keep in mind the only secluded rooms looked to be the handful of oceanfront ones.
There’s really not any places to eat/drink/shop within walking distance (except the doubletree’s restaurant Mangoes and Kenny’s Korner (not on the beach but just a block from it).
There’s a vending machine but no other food, would’ve been nice for them to put out some pastries and juices in the mornings.
Pros-
Housekeeping ladies were very nice and accommodating (we didn’t have them service the room during our stay, so each morning we just exchanged towels at their cart).
The place was clean and updated (aside from the issues with the bed and doors).
The walking distance to the beach was great, will be hard to beat that.
Would be a great place for kids (given they don’t need a quiet place for naps, etc).
Pool nor beach wasn’t overly crowded (even though the hotel was sold out).
Plantation shutters were good for privacy while letting in light (just weren’t good for filtering light in the mornings).
Ample storage in the room and bathroom (we stayed in a queen or king room).
Parking wasn’t an issue, even when we had to use the parking across the street it’s still not a bad walk.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank B5044OXjc
Reviewed 26 April 2021

The front desk was deceitful on the best rate and very rude about the check out. I was 15 minutes late and they threatened the police. They are a bunch of rude greedy aholes and the hotel rooms are musty and dirty. This is just the beginning. That staff will be terminated.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Peace740
Reviewed 6 April 2021

As we were leaving the beach with all chairs and the supplies that we need to bring back to our room across the street, my wife left ahead of me to get a cart, as I am recovering from a hip replacement. When you leave the perimeter of the pool and beach area there is a locked gate that leads to the main office area. As she walked out and the gate closed behind her, she saw that there was no cart available and she realized she did not have her key. When my wife went in the office, the attendant who later stated his name was Gary was on the phone. After waiting for a conversation break, she asked if he could please open the gate, he became agitated and started to yell at her that she was interrupting him and she can’t get in without her key! She stated that I had the key, and was still stuck at the beach and needed to get back to help me even though there was no cart available, but he was insistent that she should have her own key and refused to open the gate.

When I finally got tired of waiting an lugged up all of our stuff to the front, I heard a commotion and the attendant loudly state “This is the guy who can’t walk? I asked what was going on? He stated that she was ignorant and interrupted him on a phone conversation and did not have a key. He said to pack up our stuff because we were kicked out. I asked if he had the authority to evict us and for what reason? He stated that he was calling the police because she interrupted him ignorantly. I instructed him to call the police and asked if I could have the number to his manager, to which he refused.

Needless to say, the police never arrived, however, both of us are extremely disappointed and are looking for some answers? This demeaning behavior was unacceptable and completely unwarranted.

Room tip: Stay Away!
2  Thank 66redsky